Options
What do people think?

A YES?

OR A NO?

Replies

• PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I'm trying to learn a new, healthier way of eating, that I can continue long after I have shed the excess weight. Pills offer a 'quick fix', but wouldn't 'fix me' IYSWIM?
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well, before I started on MFP, my doctor wrote a prescription (I can't remember the drug). It worked like magic for a few weeks and then stopped. I don't know if I needed to increase the dose at that point or if it was a placebo effect. Regardless, the net effect for me was an initial drop and then I gained that back and more. I wouldn't do it again.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    No.

If there was a magic pill that could make people lose weight we'd all be skinny. ;)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Not for this girl.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    There's only one thing that actually works, eating a controlled amount of calories. There's no need to spend more money to eat less. Save your money and buy a food scale or something useful.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For me, No. I have done it before, with doctor prescribed meds but I didn't learn anything from it. I gained back the weight I lost after the pills stopped working or I stopped taking them.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    To each their own.

For me, no... When I was big I had heart issues... So.. throwing speed ontop of a bad heart was no good. I've lost the weight now, so why would I need'em now? Catch the catch 22 of diet pills for people with high blood pressure issues?
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    if you want to get high, yes. for a diet, ,no.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Diet pills really don't make sense...unless you could commit to taking them for the rest of your life. Which is not ideal.
    I get the shakes from most diet pills...my heart can't handle them.

You can do this on your own! :D
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea for long term weight loss
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way on here that this is a touchy subject.. That being said if you go into thinking its a magic pill then no it will not work but the whole point of it is to help you initially get your appetite under control to where you are eating controlled portions and working out then when you go off you have created a routine to follow. If you have the right mind set when you start them I feel you will have success but if you are looking for magic cause you don't want to change your ways then its short term. Good luck!
  • xProjectxShapeshiftx
    Options
    i take 5 or 6 different diet pills a day
  • MaleyaB
    MaleyaB Posts: 25
    Options
    I was prescribed by my doctor a pill that helps with weightloss due to my triglycerides being extremely off. I reluctantly took it, but decided that it was time to get my act together and actually work toward the weightloss by making better decisions. It's been three weeks since I started the pill and my diet/exercise plan, and I have lost a decent amount of weight. But I will not continue with these pills after my 30 day supply is up. I wanted them to help me in the beginning while I try to figure out what works best for me and my body.

So I would not use them unless a doctor says you need to. Even then, I would still find a good routine and would not stay on them for long. I didn't have negative effects, but I also didn't want to end up gaining all the weight back because I didn't make other lifestyle changes.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i took usn cla 1000 and usn cla thermo. not at the same time.

i did see an effect but i'm not sure if it was because i was working out harder? they did help though :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Nooooooo. I had a digestive nightmare with Alli years ago and I'll never try another diet pill again. *shudders*
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You should buy like 5 different kinds and stack them..............
  • Polebarbie
    Options
    Diet pills are good, I take them. Unfortunately they do cause heart problems in the long run. That doesnt stop me from trying from trying most of them
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    No
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The only "diet" pills i ever took or would recommend is one by Garden of Life called FucoThin...revs up your metabolism, no caffeine. I had good results with it.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    No.