Uhhh

Options
I am having a HUGE problem staying motivated. I think my main issue is energy, its very difficult for me to wake up in the mornings and when I do get up I have to do what cleaning I can get done while my twins sleep and when they get up I am running after them all day. When they nap I finish my cleaning, and even though I have time to exercise I can not find the energy. Same thing when they go to bed, I am a zombie. Does anyone know anything I can do to help gain energy/motivation?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    you can either make excuses or man up
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I also have twins so I hear you! That being said you just have to do it! You dont feel like it, you would rather have a root canal, but you will regret it more if you dont. It has taken me quite some time to get back into working out because I am so busy and so tired. If you dont work through the fatigue the results you want you will never achieve.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

This. But seriously, it might sound counter intuitive but excersising gives you more energy.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Coffee has very few calories and works wonders for motivation :) Or, tea.

Also it sounds like you are very active, so you may want to simply make sure your activity level is set correctly, then stay within your calorie allotment each day.

I mean, if I was chasing twins around all day I would not be getting on a treadmill unless a gun was pointed at my head. Just eat smart and the weight will come off.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have a non-sleeping new baby.. so I am pretty much exhausted alllll the time- I can imagine how you feel. But I also know, I almost always feel better/more energetic after I work out. I have to push myself through the first few minutes, but then it kicks in and I get that sweaty glow.

You can do it momma- make some time for you!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    You have to force yourself and once you've been working out regularly for a little while your energy level will increase and you will actually start to crave exercise.
  • rhvandan
    rhvandan Posts: 185
    Options
    Energy seems to be an upward or downward spiral.. The more you work for it, the more you have.. but you have to start. I have twins as well (they'll be two in a week and a half) so I know your pain and frustration. You can always get a double jogger if you dont have one now (I got one quite affordably from craigslist) and get walking. Also, you might want to consider joining a multiples support group (google the NOMTC and they can refer you to your local chapter). You will meet other ladies with great advice and they may even want to meet for workouts. If you have a supportive partner (I dare not make ANY assumptions! LOL) start with one or two days a week taking an hour just for yourself to workout. Start slow. Walk, swim, something you enjoy.. as you get more used to it you'll be ready to push yourself.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like support from a fellow multiple momma. Good luck!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "running after them all day?" I'm not being facetious. I'm genuinely asking. If they're keeping you genuinely physically active throughout the day, that's a little bit of cardio. If it's more that your mind is busy trying to keep them out of stuff (which was more how it was with my kids), then that's an opportunity to get everyone out of the house and get active, because they need something to do and you need a mental break. Go for a walk (put the kids in the stroller if they're too young to walk with you). Go to the park, and do push-ups while they play in the sandbox. Or if you want to stay home, turn up the music and have a living room dance party. Swing them around and play follow the leader.

Also, check this out: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/03/10/angry-birds-workout-plan/
  • deadlights
    Options
    You have to force yourself and once you've been working out regularly for a little while your energy level will increase and you will actually start to crave exercise.

^^^^
    This.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses for yourself. We are all busy. Either you want it or you don't!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine how tiring this must be. I remember the days when my munchkins were little. You seem to be doing a lot of cleaning. How about incorporating exercising into that. Get your Ipod out, plug in some good music and every time you wipe the counter, or do three dishes, throw in some dancing around, do some squats, do your mopping with lunges, for every two toys you pick do some simple exercise, then carry on. I do the same sometimes when I cook some meals, the counter tops are great for doing push ups against, or triceps dips, etc. dry dishes while you do deep knee bends, etc. Be creative:)
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could have time to make a berry smoothie in the mornings. I always get an energy boost from the berries. Also, drink more green tea. :flowerforyou:
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    work out tapes

drink a cup of coffee and bust a move.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am having a HUGE problem staying motivated. I think my main issue is energy, its very difficult for me to wake up in the mornings and when I do get up I have to do what cleaning I can get done while my twins sleep and when they get up I am running after them all day. When they nap I finish my cleaning, and even though I have time to exercise I can not find the energy. Same thing when they go to bed, I am a zombie. Does anyone know anything I can do to help gain energy/motivation?

I have the same problem, I'm at school at the moment and I do a lot of drama outside school. I find if you do exercises you enjoy e.g. I do dance classes and fencing lessons, which I love. If you do something you like you want to do it more, even if you're tired you'll make an effort to wake up and go and do these things :) I hope that helps :)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Maybe a vitamin supplement, particularly B-12.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD? It's on YouTube. It's intense but just a 20 minute workout. Sounds like you need to do something that's quick.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    As an addendum to my earlier post, getting out of the house frees up more of your time, because if you're not home you can't be making messes. Clean up in the morning, then head to the park and have a picnic lunch, and come home for naptime. Then voila, you don't have to spend all naptime cleaning. I do that all the time. It's magical. :)
  • Amernie09
    Options
    I live where it gets 120 in the summer, lol it's finally starting to cool so that is a great idea I will soon be able to use. :)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Whether you think you can, or You think you can not....You're probably right.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

this. And you realize if you exercise regularly you'll have more energy.