Who has turned on the heat??

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Yes and I'm Not Happy About It.

All you Floridians, Californians, and Nevadans can just ......tongue.gif

.............I'm in the PacNW. The mornings need heaters. 65* is too cold in the house. Grrr.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Heat at night and AC during the day. However, it has been in the low 70's during the day so we haven't been needing the AC the last few days. I'm in Colorado.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I live in CO and the AC hasn't run in our house for almost a month but it's not quite cold enough to turn on the heat yet (I'll give it 2 more weeks), and sweat pants/shirt are enough for now if it gets a tad chilly in the house (hovers between 65-70 in the house). Definitely helps with the heating/cooling bill :laugh:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am in Northern Michigan. We have turned the heat on for a few hours a few times now. The one morning it was 59 in the house. Someone left a few windows open that night.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Cleveland OhIo and we have yet to turn ours on! Its been 60s maybe a little less sometimes but we seem to be managing so far without the heat in the house though I am a freeze baby so I walk around in sweaters in my house :)
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    in Ohio, we broke down and turned it on. We've had a few nights around 40 already :(
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I feel like a total wimp. I'm in Indy and I've had the heat on a number of times since about 2 weeks ago. :(
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Haha. It's 100 here. San Diego.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in NY and I turned it on last night, it went down to 53 and the drapes just couldn't keep the chill out.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Northeast PA. Haven't turned on the heat and actually still run the AC at night. My husband is like a blast furnace, though.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Very close today. 45 in PA this morning. brrrrrrr!! I held out, but they are calling for a high of 60 and rain this weekend, so I predict it will be on very soon!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska heats been on for a month or so its already snowed some
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I live in southern az. We probably wont turn on the heat till late november maybe.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    NE Ohio no heat yet, still sleeping with the windows open even though its been in the mid 40's, low 50's at night. I dont turn on the heat till the temp in house is consistently below 60
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Might have to tonight...Western NC. It's nice and chilly outside right now at 6:40 pm so I'll have to take a look at the weather forecast.
  • tausha_k
    Options
    I used to live in Cali and my sis in law lives in Vegas....I now you don't think about turning on the heat until late November!! Me, if the temp falls below 70, I am freezing!! I moved out here to Michigan a bit over a year ago (born and raised in So Cal). This will be my 2nd winter out here and from what I hear, I got off easy last winter with an unseasonably warm winter!!
  • tausha_k
    Options
    I live in Alaska heats been on for a month or so its already snowed some

My hubby will be in Fairbanks in about a month or so for auto testing!! He has already been looking at temps out that way!! When he goes out to Alaska, he is there for 4-6 weeks. He was out there a couple years ago when the lows were -56, he said it sucked because not even the cars could run, he was stuck in his hotel room for a week!!
  • miss_september
    Options
    28 degress this morning, but summer in AK has been pretty cold this year. One of my coworkers from S. Cali had to wear thermals all summer, lol! =-)
  • tausha_k
    Options
    It's 106 in The Inland Empire today and tomorrow it will be a Brisk 107!!!! :devil:

Where at in the IE?? I am from Riverside/ Jurupa area!! I sure miss the Mexican food!!
  • tausha_k
    Options
    I didn't expect such a response....I wish I could get to you all from all over!! If I can't, sorry :flowerforyou: