How many calories does the 30day shred burn?

Options
Apologizies if this has been posted before but I am rather confused. I have just started the shred today, went to put in my exercise for it on here but there doesn't seem to be an option for it?!

I have checked on the Jillian Michaels website and it states for stage 1 its 503cals per hour for an average person of 150lbs. As the exercises are only 20mins long how do I work out what I burned. Obviously as the stages get more difficult, how much will I burn for stage 2 and stage 3?

I weigh 303lbs right now if that helps.

Thanking you all in advance to any help that you can give me.

Replies

• meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I'd like to know to, I am about to start it!

Do you love it?
  • jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depends on your weight, fitness level and intensity.

I did level 2 yesterday with a HRM and burned 380 calories. Only way to be accurate is with a HRM, but a fair guess would be between 300-500 calories.

By the way, that workout will work you out seriously. I'm in decent shape and level 2 kills me.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You will probably have to add the exercise. I had to. I used a website called fit click ? Where you enter wt, and a couple other things and it will calculate what your burn will be...they also have a million other exercises and videos that you can calculate. I don't remember the exact web address so maybe try and google fit click.
  • kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 Day Shred and it's entered as circuit training. 20 minutes of circuit training burns 164 calories. Don't get discouraged though. I've been doing it for 10 days now and lost 5 lbs. already. I start level 2 tomorrow. Good luck!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I'd like to know to, I am about to start it!

Do you love it?

Hi Meglynne1987, This was my first day and I am quite surprised how easy it was. The only thing I would recommend is good supportive bras though as with the jumping jacks I thought my boobs were going to knock me out on several occasions lol. But I am looking forward to a good loss on it. My friend has just finished it and has lost 27lbs in weight and loads of inches. Strangely looking forward to jumping to stage 2 though
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice so far. I have stuck it under circuit training for now, its coming back with about 400cals which seems allot.
  • MistyAnneK
    MistyAnneK Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I list mine as 15 minutes of aerobics general and 15 minutes of calisthenics (push ups, sit ups) vigorous.

This gets me at 321 calories. I figure that is close to what I burn.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I too posted this topic and most people said they logged it in as 20 mins of circuit training
  • jodil68
    jodil68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would log it under circuit training for 20 minutes - I burn 155 calories doing this. 300-500 calories burned for 20 minutes of exercise seems too high. Better to be on the conservative side.........
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    i just did my first 20 (well 27) minute session.. and logged it under circuit training for 20 minutes (couldn't finish a couple sets) and it says 250 cals. May be more, may not be, but I'm going with it for now lol
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I did D1 level 1 today and my HRM said I burned 273 cals, I'm 179lbs and 5'2 if that helps anyone. I also did the more advanced moves.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I wear an HRM and for level 1 I burn between 180-190 calories a session.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Level one gives me 217 using a hrm
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5", 120.6 lbs, resting heart rate 46 BPM (set on my heart rate monitor; I've seen it lower, but never bothered to adjust it).

For level 1, I burn between 149 and 197 calories depending on my level of intensity. Average 173
    Level 2, between 175 and 297. Average 229
    Level 3 between 200 and 364 (I am not sure about the high there, possibly something was messing with the HRM, but it didn't really mess up my average too much). Average 253.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    For level 1 I burn about 150-180 average, for level 2 I burn 170-200 average. I use a Polar FT4 HRM.
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to log it as 20 minutes of circuit training and it was usually around 220 calories. I did Level 1 and Level 2 over the weekend using a heart rate monitor and both actually burned around 220 calories each. I think logging it as circuit training is pretty accurate.
  • orkilatrish
    Options
    I totally wear two sports bras so I don't get punched by my own chest... lol
  • dkbrace
    dkbrace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories you burn on any exercise are going to depend on your weight, I weigh 239 (down 3.2 pounds this week..wootwoot!), and when I put in 30 minutes of circuit training, I burned 434 calories. But if you log it as circuit training, I think the program calculates the calories burned based on your current weight.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 Day Shred and it's entered as circuit training. 20 minutes of circuit training burns 164 calories. Don't get discouraged though. I've been doing it for 10 days now and lost 5 lbs. already. I start level 2 tomorrow. Good luck!

This!
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 106 lbs and I burn 120 per each session of level 1. I learned this from my heart rate monitor, and I suggest you get one too. Or something like a BodyMedia.