I AM GOING TO QUIT!

Options

Replies

• Kimdidit
    Kimdidit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration!!! I read your post with tears in my eyes...(who am I fooling, I cried like a baby). Wow!!! All I can say is you have come a long way baby. I don't know you and yet, you made me feel like I was with you during your journey. Please know that you have a healthy mind and attitude. You are empowered and strong. The measure of numbers is well....just a number and life is also a journey that is meant to be enjoyed and measured only by the happy moments and memories you have room to treasure!

Many Blessing to you!!!

Kim D'Amelio
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You have done wonderful!! One thing that I would suggest if you haven't done it already is to have your hormones tested using a saliva test. I tried to lose weight unsuccessfully for 35 years. I finally found a doctor who tested my hormones with a saliva test, and, guess what?? They were all out of whack!! Once my hormones were adjusted correctly I was able to start losing weight. It has also brought relief in other areas of my life.

That being said, even if you don't choose to do this testing, you have done great and should enjoy your life!!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Kim...thank you. That was a very sweet post.
    Live4more...First thing the doc did was the saliva test and a blood test. My hormones were a little screwed up. He's treating me for that as well. Thank you for the suggestion though. A lot of doctors aren't that thorough. It took me three before I found this one.
  • thatmixedgirl73
    Options
    That is so real, and very inspiring!
  • TinaK_64
    Options
    Sounds tme like you are finally in a good place in your life! Be happy with who you are and enjoy your life. Life is too short NOT to enjoy it!!! I hope to someday be in that same good place you finally are. :-)
  • KerryPayne
    KerryPayne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, thank you for sharing, I think we all need to know ourselves as well as you do and know when to stop (and start again if it ever gets to that).
    Best of luck with what comes next.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!! You hit the nail on the head, actually several nails on the head. Your new healthier lifestyle has become habit. You're gonna allow the occasional cheat so long as it's occasional. And you're not gonna judge your success by a number on a scale or even a size number. Heck, I'm anywhere from a size 1 to a 9 depending on the brand! And you're healthy and proud of yourself and love yourself. You have arrived girl.

It's not quitting mama...it's called "WELCOME TO MAINTENANCE"!!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for posting your story. You are/will be a great inspiration to many who read this. I love the positive outlook, this may be the absolute think that changes the scale and to be a grandparent that's even better.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    hugs sweetie, you just keep enjoying your life as best you can. you know your body and just like you said. keep using what you have learned and don't worry about gaining or losing. just eat right, and keep moving just because it makes you feel good. hugs and sorry that you have to go through so much frustration
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This was really long, so my attention span didn't allow me to read it... but from the responses it appears it was very good and inspiring, so yay for you!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    do what makes you happy. you only live once
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's too. Got diagnosed 17 years ago, after 7 years of being told it was all in my head and I needed to see a psychiatrist. Really.

Don't count on the medicine to take care of everything.

I've changed my exercise and after 9 month plateau things are moving again. I may never be a skinny minnie, but darn it, I'm going to get strong.
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That was beautiful! Thank you!
  • CassKatz
    CassKatz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Inspirational :)
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful... just as you are.....and most of all you are healthy! Enjoy your life and continue on this wonderful road you have found for yourself.....you are a success!!
  • lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last post: you are healthy and have a healthy attitude. So much to be proud of, eating healthy and working out, staying involved in life. Good for you! I also hope to be where you are some day soon. Your story was well written and inspiring.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post, I can relate to much of what you are feelin. Best of luck to you!
  • mystarwillshine
    mystarwillshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have tried it all, and even though I've lost 30 pounds in 5 years, I have more or less stopped. I get obsessed with tracking and the scale, and then say I'm not going to do it anymore, just to turn around and do it again. Your post is very inspiring and I thank you so much. I am thankful to be as healthy as I am, having a kidney transplant 5 years ago, and am still going strong!

Enjoy your life - you deserve it!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing this. Amazing story and very inspirational. I need to read this when I'm feeling "not skinny enough".
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! And enjoy every single minute of the rest of your "journey".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!