Favorite healthy snacks?

Options
lordofthenuggets
lordofthenuggets Posts: 19 Member
I've been looking for some awesome new healthy snacks. What are your favorites?

Replies

• SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nuts (almonds, sunflower seed kernels, walnuts)
    Small amount of cheese
    20 grapes or berries
    Apple with peanut butter
  • mscake999
    Options
    Dip celery and carrot sticks into any flavor hummus. - yummy!
  • dearprudence78
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs, fat free light yogurt, frozen fruit blended with skim milk, and "roadapples". (Deli meat with a very light schmeer of 1/3 less fat cream cheese and either a green onion or a dill pickle wrapped up). For me, the best snacks have a good amount of protein. But when I need some carbs, I go for frosted shredded wheat (I buy a big back and immediately rebag it into proper portion sizes because I am prone to "forget" to count a few...) or Aunt Millies 12 Grain Bread toasted.
  • dearprudence78
    Options
    Dip celery and carrot sticks into any flavor hummus. - yummy!

Holy cow, how did I forget hummus?? This stuff is seriously good! If you don't have hummus, I actually dip celery and pepper strips in low fat cottage cheese.
  • atawhai
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, namely DESERT... My new favourite is cutting a banana(long ways) and sprinkling some cinnamon over it, then place it under the grill for a few minutes. I serve it with 30grams of greek yoghurt. Works out to be roughly 110calories :)
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Roasted Red Pepper hummus with carrots

Light Yogurt, especially key lime pie flavor

For something sweet with fiber I love the Kashi Chocolate and Almond Butter Soft Baked Cookies. Very filling for 130 calories.
  • slsherwood51
    slsherwood51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered Healthy Choice's frozen Greek yogurt. It's good and has protein. You'll find it by all of the Healthy Choice foods in the frozen food department.

I also like Babybel cheese, mozarella cheese sticks, almonds, jerky or a protein bar.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Diamond nuts makes amazing flavor roasted almonds! I LOVE the cocoa almonds...I buy the big thing of them then portion them out into 100 calorie grab bags! Super good!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, namely DESERT... My new favourite is cutting a banana(long ways) and sprinkling some cinnamon over it, then place it under the grill for a few minutes. I serve it with 30grams of greek yoghurt. Works out to be roughly 110calories :)

Oh my...I must try!
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cheese stick kick right now. Sargentos reduced fat colby-jack cheese stick is my favorite! I usually pair it with an apple or other fruit choice.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I agree with others.....hummus and any crunchy veggie. I also have been crunching a lot of dry roasted soy nuts unsalted. Not loads of flavor but like the crunch!!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of nuts and seeds..

My favorite is sunflower seeds :)
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i like: mozzerella cheese sticks (weight watchers), apples (green crunchy for sure), almonds, yogurt, kashi vegetable crackers, rice cakes, wasa bread crisps, blueberries
  • dolphincrazy5
    dolphincrazy5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    celery with lite cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, apple with peanut butter, dried apricots or any dried fruit, any flavor yoghurt, raw veggies and ranch dip, sunflower seeds, any kind of nut and popcorn(air popped) with small amount of margarine.
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • Teeteetare
    Options
    Cottage cheese and whole grain crackers, natural popcorn, veggies and a protein supplement bar are my go to snacks.
  • carabela
    Options
    My fav of the season..roasted pumpkin seeds.
    They usually disappear as soon as their done ; )
  • demarkle
    Options
    I just discovered these little seaweed sheets (nori) for snacks, 10 calories for 10 sheets, has the nice salty taste with the crunch for a great chip type of snack.
  • hughv1
    hughv1 Posts: 10
    Options

Good grief, that is sheer genius! I cannot wait to try this!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options

This sounds lovely!