I AM GOING TO QUIT!

Options

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    This was an amazing story, I hope you just go & enjoy your life & enjoy the grandkids, they are the best!!
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Loved your post, Thank you!!!
  • LSwan2
    LSwan2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well, What a post! Sorry for all of your frustration! I don't know anyone who tries harder than that. I see why you are saying that you quit. I believe if you continue to do normal excercising and do normal eating patterns, you should do fine. Good job!!!!!!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options

It's not quitting mama...it's called "WELCOME TO MAINTENANCE"!!
    YES YES YES!!!!! Love this! And you are beautiful...inside and out........I wish there was a MFP person of the year....because YOURE IT!:flowerforyou:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You have fought the good fight. You have finished the course. BTW, Marilyn Monroe was a size 12.
  • GetFitNicky
    GetFitNicky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your candor and admire you for sharing how you are working through this. Side note, you are a natural writer. Think about writing your journey for you, perhaps for others if you feel generous with your gift. Hug.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'd be thrilled to be a size 12. Congrats on your loss!
  • tonicro
    Options
    :smile: Right On!
  • mcdanielcypress
    Options
    Now that you got all that out of your system, how do you feel? Don't quit! Fitness and nutrition is not a destination, it is a lifestyle choice until it becomes a lifestyle habit. You're learned a lot so take advantage of what you've learned and keep on keeping on. Thank you for the story.
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What can I say? BRAVO!!!!!

You got it girl - you are active and live healthy and enjoy your life....what is that compared to someone who might have a 25 inch waist but is miserable?

Live. Enjoy. We only get one ride.

Thanks for sharing your story.
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree that your note would make a great magazine article.
  • littleallie120
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post, very eye opening. Congratulations, you know your body you know you're healthy and you sure as hell could outrun me!! And you have an amazing loss to begin with! Thanks again!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Very well written. Thanks for sharing your story. I would say you have won this battle.

Best of luck.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You're a success! Your life is good, and you've worked hard to be the best you can be. That's a great goal, and you've made it! You don't need to lose more, you just need to keep having fun and staying healthy! Continue doing what you enjoy and continue to have fun with the grandkids. :flowerforyou:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    This is a good reminder to me not to focus on what the scales say (which I'm already trying to do). Some of us just aren't designed to be small, thin people. I want to find a happy balance. It sounds like you have.

Don't give up what you've gained.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the refreshing truthfulness in your post. I didn't read all the replies so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But, if you have lost 200 pounds, is it possible that the layer of fat you see hanging from your belly isn't fat but excess skin? And if it is, you do know that it weighs about what you say you have left to lose. I say this because when I started all this I needed to lose 226 pounds. I've lost 127 so far, and I already know I will need surgery when it's all said and done to remove the excess skin. Without the reconstruction surgery, I will weigh 30-50 pounds more on the scale than I really will and will have a stomach that will probably hang to my knee caps (not to mention thighs that hang over my knees, etc. you get the idea). So, maybe you can check into if this is really fat or just excess skin. If it is skin, and it is removed (if you decide to do that or your doctor thinks it's necessary) your scale will probably show a much more realistic number.

In the meantime, your attitude is wonderful! Good for you for coming to a place where you can accept your body and your size. You sound like an emotionally healthy young woman.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: BlisterLamb :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    I'm proud of you, that you have for these 7 long years gone thru so very much and have got down to a beautiful size--you rock, period.

Reading your post brought these things to my heart/mind as well, may the bless and encourage you as they do me--this is a long post...but it's GOOD girlfriend, I hope you'll read this and meditate on these things too:

A Creed to Live By

Don't underestimate your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
    Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
    Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would for your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you will live all the days of your life.

Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until you stop trying.
    Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is in taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
    Don't shut love out of your life by saying it is impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

Don't dismiss your dreams; to be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.
    Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been, but also where where you are going.
    Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored every step of the way.

Author unknown,

*********************************************************************************

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire.
    If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
    Be thankful when you don’t know something,
    for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
    During those times you grow.
    Be thankful for your limitations,
    because they give you opportunities for improvement.
    Be thankful for each new challenge,
    because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
    Be thankful when you’re tired and weary,
    because it means you’ve made a difference.

It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.
    A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
    Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
    Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
    and they can become your blessings.

Courtesy of Affirmations-for-Success.com

Do Happy: Compare Well
    by Lori Deschene

“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.” ~Lao Tzu

Conventional wisdom suggests if you want to be happy you shouldn’t compare yourself to other people. Conventional wisdom isn’t always realistic.

Try as you may to completely stop making comparisons, you’ll likely come back to the instinct at least on occasion.

Discontent is part of the human condition—the nagging sense that something’s missing, even when you seem to have it all. We’re constantly evolving, growing, and looking for new ways to expand our impact on the world. New ways to reach and stretch our potential.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing if you see the pursuit as constant gain, instead of the cause as constant lack. And it’s equally harmless to compare yourself to others if it allows you to learn from people you admire.

If you compare yourself to your boss, and it motivates you to work smarter, that comparison improved your life for the better.

If you compare yourself to someone your age who started a non-profit, and it inspires you to volunteer, that comparison made a difference in not just your life, but others’, too.

It’s when the comparison game gets you down on yourself that you need to be cautious.

When you sit around complaining it isn’t fair someone had more advantages instead of working harder to create your own luck.
    When you feel paralyzed because you’ve made nowhere near the same progress as someone else in a similar place.
    When you convince yourself there’s something wrong with you for not having, achieving, or being like someone else.
    When you think you need to compete with someone else to get approval from other people.
    When you start thinking you should “have it all” instead of honing in on what you really want—which is the only way to devise a plan to get it.

Comparing for the sake of complaining does nothing but hold you back.

There will always be someone smarter, stronger, more attractive, more successful, wiser, healthier, and happier than you. Just like there will always be someone who doesn’t have your potential, advantages, or opportunities. None of it guarantees any of you are happy. And isn’t happiness the main goal in the end?

Choose your comparisons wisely. Find people who’ve done what you actually want to do and use comparisons as motivation to improve.

Do Happy. It’s something you’re due.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later when I'm home.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thank you for not given up, but, in reality sticking to it. On what works for you!

My Hero!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!