GUYS!! Low Calorie Beers, What's Good Out There?

Options

Replies

• KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I personally enjoy Michelob ultra but its all a matter of taste!
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started drinking Michelob Ultra, but realized that I would rather have a couple of really good beers, and the extra cals then beer I don't enjoy drinking.

Sam Adams Octoberfest- 185 cals in 12 oz. and worth every drop! :)
  • jtbroussard
    jtbroussard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep drinking good beer just limit how much. For example drink only on Friday/Saturday
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm not generally a fan of any low calorie type beer but of the ones I've tried, the only one somewhat passable was Beck's Light. Its not great but its not terrible either...and only 64 cals.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Instead of drinking two light crap beers, drink one good beer instead. Problem solved!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else about drinking good beer and just working out more or having less or not caring too much.

BTW, good beer and ANYTHING Coors, Miller or Bud do NOT belong in the same sentence unless you like at Redneck Trailer Park Estates or that's all your state had left (still, I'd go with water). Yeah, go ahead and hate.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Go for an awesome local brew and just work it into the calories for the day; if you're gonna take calories in, they might as well be delicious calories :tongue:

I agree with anyone else who thinks Bud, Coors, and Miller are not beer. Yeah they might be easier on the wallet, but its terrible on taste and you might as well just have water at that point :laugh:
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Fellas,

I never wanted to have to do this, but I need to switch from delicious Shiner Bock to something more calorie sensitive.

What have you tried? What tastes the best?

There is no such thing. Life is too short to drink crappy low cal beers
    This. Sucks enough that I can't get my imported Stella anymore, not gonna go purposely searching out crappy beer!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me question the belief that "there are no dumb questions".

If you want a beer, drink a beer. Beer calories should be enjoyed not counted.....
  • AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The Bud Light Platinum isn't terrible. I am not a fan at all of bud light or miller light, they are indeed terrible.

Honestly, drink less of the good stuff.

Favorite beer right now is Goose Island Matilda. It's amazing.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I drink Pure Blonde - not because it's "low carb" and relatively low in calories (I feel embarrassed putting it in my diary when it has "low carb" in the name!) but because I like the taste.
  • redneckcaseysgirl88
    Options
    If you like Bud Light, Bud select is pretty good & it's only 55 calories!
  • redneckcaseysgirl88
    Options
    Also Bud light only has 110 Calories for a bottle.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    it's basically just watered down beer lol but molson 67 at 67 calories/bottle is the lowest I've found.
  • Rickly
    Rickly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't compromise on quality, hopefully never, but in particular for beer. Quantity can be controlled, though. Every 5 pounds I lose, I reward myself wwith one beer, and it's always the best available at the time.The only thing that's hard for me is to have to pick one from among Spaeten Clubweiss/German wheat, Singha/Thai, and Pilsner Urquell/Czech lager.
  • Queen_Freak
    Queen_Freak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bud Select Platinum has only 55 calories a bottle. You could drink an entire 6 pack and it would only be 330 calories! So something like that would be great if you're planing to have a lot. And if you don't like the taste, use them after you drink some of your favorites! :)
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Bud Select Platinum has only 55 calories a bottle. You could drink an entire 6 pack and it would only be 330 calories! So something like that would be great if you're planing to have a lot. And if you don't like the taste, use them after you drink some of your favorites! :)
    That sounds awful, its gotta taste watery? But yeah I can vouch for leaving the crap till last, its much less noticeable then haha. Although the switchover between two beers is never great at first.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful, its gotta taste watery? But yeah I can vouch for leaving the crap till last, its much less noticeable then haha. Although the switchover between two beers is never great at first.

First of all, there's no such thing as Bud Select Platinum. Bud Select has 55 calories and hardly no alcohol or taste. Bud Light Platinum has 137 calories, 8 less than regular Budweiser & tastes just as "regular" as anything else. My top choice is many of the craft beers but for most instances (when I can't get a craft beer) I drink the Platiinum. I love the pretty blue bottles too! :flowerforyou:
  • thevikingninja
    Options
    http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm
    This site has a list of calories in most good imported beers.
    http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
    And those are the domestics.
  • jquarequio
    jquarequio Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No compromising - GUINNESS