What do you eat with Hummus?

Options
TakinSexyBack
TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
I just wanted to find out what other people eat with their hummus?!! I am doing the low carb thing and can't eat it with the pita chips I used to would have!!! Im looking for ideas of what to eat with it that are low carb!! Love snow peas and cucumbers. Need more variety tho!!! :-)

Replies

• calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Red, Orange and yellow mini bell peppers. I buy the bags of mini peppers from Costco.
  • sweetlouison
    sweetlouison Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LOVE hummus with fresh veggies....peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers...even carrots...
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How about sliced bell peppers, celery, or carrots?
  • lorelei105
    lorelei105 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like it as a salad dressing. Dilute it with a little bragg's and fresh orange juice; it's delicious.
  • Branok
    Branok Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I usually like to dip baby carrots in hummus
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    Carrots and cucumbers are my favorite :)
  • tturley
    tturley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ritz crackers with a Kalamata olive.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers, broccoli, cucumber (though I am not entirely sure if that is low carb?) and carrots (but, same thing as cucumber - I don't think they adhere to the low carb thing). Mmm, maybe cauliflower would be yummy?
    HTH!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like it as a salad dressing. Dilute it with a little bragg's and fresh orange juice; it's delicious.
    That sounds SOOO good!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I used to make cucumber sandwiches, instead of crackers.

Red, green, orange, yellow peppers. Celery, carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (you could also slice a hot house tomato and make a sandwich with hummus in the middle), make a lettuce wrap with hummus (I use hummus as spreads, all the time). I have also used it as a dip instead of ketchup or bbq sauce...you can make or buy plain hummus and flavor it with a bbq flavor and its pretty good.
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Celery are my favorite. If you are not staying away from Carbs altogether I like to use a thin layer on my sandwiches and wraps. Especially the roasted red pepper flavor.
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Whole-grain naan bread. Amazing flavor with any flavor of hummus.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I also eat celery or carrots w/ the roasted red pepper hummus.
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options
    I just polished off half an orange bell pepper with some! Yummy!!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Joseph's whole wheat mini pita bread, or put it in a wheat tortilla and grill it

But if you're not eating those carrots or peppers are good
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great ideas!!!! I didn't dig peppers with it for some reason but I LOVE most everything else suggested! I am staying low carb (most days) but getting them with veggies is the goal! I LOVE Sabra roasted garlic!!! I wonder if there are any tortilla chip substitutes besides low carb tortillas you can bake that would be good?? I have a recipe for a pizza crust that is actually all cauliflower, cheese and some spices.......I may have to try that and see if the "crust" makes good chips!!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried it I ignored the carrot sticks my friends were pushing and opted for cheetos instead. :blushing: In my defense, I can't stand carrots and the cheetos kinda resembled them so I figured close enough!

I like red peppers and sugar snap peas. I'm sure there are other vegetables I'd like too but those are my favorite.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My nephew eats it with those those baked packaged veggie sticks that are supposed to keep you from wanting potato chips.
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    pita bread and fresh peppers. I prefer greek pita
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Cucumber slices or any other veggie. It's also good instead of mayo on a sandwich. It's great to add to crackers or use as a dip with chips too.