Last 10lbs Group?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was a "Last 10lbs" group or if anyone is interested in joining one.

I have 9 more lbs to lose but can go for 10.

Anyone?

T.

Replies

• ATXrunner
    Options
    I'm in! I could use tips/advice/recipes and such to lose those last few pounds. Losing the last 10lbs is a different game than losing high numbers, I think.

Keep me posted!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm in - it's really tough when you get to smaller amounts of FAT to lose
  • ellipse22
    Options
    YAY!!

I don't have much info on recipes but I'm willing to try some ;-)
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm on my last 10, and it's a much slower process than the rest!!
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! I need to step up my game and be accountable. Lets make it happen!
  • mommaof2
    mommaof2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Ideally I'd like to lose 15, but 10 is definitely a possibility. I've lost 28 pounds since my daughter was born in June, but need to get the rest of this baby weight off!
    --Julie
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I think it is going to require strict eating and a step up in exercising! I need someone to hold me to both!!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    YAY!!

I personally have not starting exercising as of yet. I am waiting for my new orthotics and shoes to come in first.

I've been making sure I drink all of my water and watch what I eat. I've actually lost a total of 4 lbs so far (prior to joining this site) and the last 9lbs is going to be hard!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    What is everyones name?

What is everyones weigh in days?
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    What is everyones name?

My name is Erin, and I like to weigh in on Thurs. I actually check the scale almost every day just to keep myself on track, but that doesn't work for everyone because some people freak out about small daily fluctuations in weight. I use my Thurs weight as my weight that I record here on MFP.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I would love to join this thread! The last 10 is the hardest!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    What is everyones name?

My name is Erin, and I like to weigh in on Thurs. I actually check the scale almost every day just to keep myself on track, but that doesn't work for everyone because some people freak out about small daily fluctuations in weight. I use my Thurs weight as my weight that I record here on MFP.

I weigh in on Thursdays as well.
    My name is Tanya (in signature)
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I would love to join this thread! The last 10 is the hardest!
    Welcome!!
  • gym_rat
    Options
    I'm in! I have a bit more than 10lbs to lose - about 12 or so.
    Weigh in days are usually Monday's but that can easily change.
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I'm in! I have a bit more than 10lbs to lose - about 12 or so.
    Weigh in days are usually Monday's but that can easily change.

Welcome!
    I started out with Mondays prior to joining this site. Because I joined on a Thursday, that is my new day!
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Shawna

I usually weigh in on Mondays because it makes me think through out the weekend about what that number is going to look like on Monday.... not that it has work of recent. :grumble: But I can do what ever day is decided on!

I have seen some groups have weekly challenges also. Such as eating 2-3 servings of vegetables a day, drinking our 8 glasses of water, doing some sort of push ups, sits ups, jumping jacks ect every day in addition to whatever exercising we may have done ect...
    Does that interest anyone?

I am excited!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Hi! My name is Shawna

I usually weigh in on Mondays because it makes me think through out the weekend about what that number is going to look like on Monday.... not that it has work of recent. :grumble: But I can do what ever day is decided on!

I have seen some groups have weekly challenges also. Such as eating 2-3 servings of vegetables a day, drinking our 8 glasses of water, doing some sort of push ups, sits ups, jumping jacks ect every day in addition to whatever exercising we may have done ect...
    Does that interest anyone?

I am excited!

Welcome Shawna!

I don't think we need to change our weigh in days. We should do what is comfortable for us.

I am up for a weekly challenge..however..I'm not in workout mode just yet. So I'll participate when I can!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. My name is Tara and I have 10 more before I hit my goal. I do expect this 10 to be the hardest. Recently I've stared paying close attention to my macro-nutrients (carb, protein, fat, fiber, sodium). I weigh myself everyday to see how foods effect my body... I track my weight daily.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesdays. I am up for anything Shawna. I have hit a plateau and can not seem to budge the scale. I am running, eating much less, and really trying, but I just can't seem to do it. This is my week! I am going to push harder than ever. Today,
    I weigh 141. My goal for next Tuesday....139!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesdays. I am up for anything Shawna. I have hit a plateau and can not seem to budge the scale. I am running, eating much less, and really trying, but I just can't seem to do it. This is my week! I am going to push harder than ever. Today,
    I weigh 141. My goal for next Tuesday....139!

Do you think because you aren't eating enough that you are starting to go into starvation mode?
    I have hit plateaus on many occasions and sometimes I would shock my body. Drink alot more water or up my protein and reduce my carbs slightly but still eat the recommended calories.
    Just a thought ;-)
    Keep at it!