heels

Options
does losing a significant amount of weight make wearing heels less painful? x

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I would doubt it. When I was skinny for my height heels hurt. It can relieve a lot of the pressure on joints, so your joints might hurt less. But I doubt it would do anything for wearing high heels.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wear ridicously amazing high heels and they still hurt! But nothing looks better than a great pair of heels!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    us gals sure do love our heels and I'm sorry to say it but we have to endure the pain! I find that insoles can help and also those little gel pads 'Angel feet' really help take the pressure of the balls of the feet. You probably get them for the heels as well?
    As I get older I try to be sensible and only wear them if I'm not going to be walking a lot but I have seen me wear them for a days shopping and being in agony, but I don't feel dressed up unless I'm wearing my heels lol
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't think so.

I'm wearing heels today and I wore heels all weekend and my feet were still hurting.

Pain is beauty :)
  • mrstobe2012
    Options
    aww I guess i'll just have to stop being a wimp then lol x
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I find it less painful, though I don't wear ridiculously high heels (2-3 inches).
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that it might have something to do with the quality of the shoe. Not to sound like a shoe snob, but my Clarks and Bandolinos, while a little pricier, have always done right by me. The $19.99 Payless, as cute as they are, I find either cause back or leg pain. I can spend a week training/teaching in my Clarks and be fine. I can go out to a dinner party in cheap shoes and need to kick them off under the table when I sit down. And those dang skyscraper heels? Yeah. I haven't found a pair I can wear for long periods of time.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes it does and it makes my calves look amazing.....errrrr crap I said too much
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight probably does make *some* difference, but the thing I really noticed is that when my core muscles are stronger, walking in heels becomes MUCH easier and more comfortable.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wear ridicously amazing high heels and they still hurt! But nothing looks better than a great pair of heels!

This
    :heart: Heels!:heart:
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't go any higher than 5 inches. All my shoes are 5 inches. Also having really small feet makes the incline so much more painful.

Try buying heels with a slightly thicker heel and slight platform and less incline. It doesn't hurt as much Hmmm i can't describe what i mean without pictures haha
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i noticed when i wear heels now that i am bigger my ankles hurt more than they use to... bur even at my skinniest they still hurt LOL
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No, but wearing them less often does, and will benefit your health.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've tried wearing them when I was super skinny and super big...they hurt, I love them...but I won't wear them.
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I LOVE HEELS! Any height and I wear them daily! I will even run after my son in them:) They do not usually hurt my feel but for my super tall ones I put special insoles so my feet do not slide around so much. Maybe that would help the pain?
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    YES. I could NEVER last a night in heels before. And that was when I'd be sitting down.. now I'm up dancing all night in them lol. So the answer is definitely yes!
  • xXMollySarusXx
    Options
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • Missanticipated
    Options
    Yes it did for me I used to wear heels a lot when I was smaller and yes they still hurt but I could almost last a night out in them but now I'm bigger I always have to put some flats in my handbag because after a few hours it's just too painful!
  • sonny368
    Options
    I like heels they make a great difference when you wear a nice dress, heel are the feminine part of us, the shoes they make now have the so called "plateau" that in some way raise a little bit the plant of the foot so that the heel doesn't hurt so much because the foot is helped, but anyway the make our feet tired and sore I mean...nothing changed!!