How Much Sleep Do You Get?

Options
Litlbeast
Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
I know I'm probably making it much harder to reach my goal, but there aren't enough hours in a day. I average 4 - 5 hrs of sleep a night. How much do ya'll get?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Around 6 hrs.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    8-8 1/2 hours. I can't function well on under 7 1/2 hours.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    Average 6
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I got close to 7 hours
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    8-9 every night (:
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Studies show that getting enough sleep aids in weight loss...unfortunately, I do not get enough.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    7 on work nights but I really need 8-9 to function well so that is what I get on weekends:yawn:
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get around 4 -5 hours. Not by choice I just can't sleep. I would like to get more.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Same here but due to chronic insomnia. ugh! Fortunately I'm retired so I can deal with it. good luck!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm much like you OP! I get 6 hrs on a good day. :laugh: Trying to get more because I know it would help my weight loss and even increase my stamina but not happening so far! I work out 1-2hrs a day 6 days a week. When I start the day working out it helps me have energy for the rest of the day...
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    6-6.5 on work nights. 8 or so on weekends.
    I'd like to get more.
  • samlankford
    Options
    usually 4-7 hrs a night... sometimes less but rarely more then that...
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I get as much as I can allow myself! Sometimes that's only 5.5 and other times that as much as 9. It just depends on how late/how early I have to get up haha
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Between 6-8 when I'm not wrestling with a case of insomnia, in which case I only get 3-5 hours spread out over the course of an 8 hour period.
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    7 and a half hours. I use the sleep cycle method & always feel better. I started using it a month ago & its made a lot of difference in how much energy I have.
    We sleep in 90 minute cycles. If you wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle, no matter how much sleep you got, you will still feel tired.
    www.sleepyti.me This site will is kinda neat. It counts your sleep cycles for you so you know when to go to bed or when to wake up
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually get between 4-5 and a 1-2 hour nap in the middle of the day for right now
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I wake up on my own after 9 hours but it's usually 6-8. Wish I could sleep for 9hours every night.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    7 full hours a night during the week and a full 8 on the weekends. I don't mess around when it comes to my sleep. I spent my ENTIRE 20s getting by on only 4-5 hours a night, and was proud of that. It's nothing to be proud of! Not getting enough sleep affected my health, both physical and mental. It affected the quality of my life.

and come to find out, that lack of sleep did not make me any more productive. I am much happier and saner when I get enough rest. I think clearer, and I work better and faster. You think you are saving time or making extra time by not getting enough sleep, but trust me you are not.
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I Never sleep through the night with out waking up every hour! Sometimes two hours of good sleep, if that, sometimes no sleep at all, 3 to 4 on a good night! I suffer terribly with insomnia...I think my age & menopause has a lot to do with it.... it sucks!!!! :noway:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 5-12 lol