SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    On a good night 8hrs
    Most nights 6-7hrs

Uninterrupted?? 4hrs!! :(
  • vnakkar
    vnakkar Posts: 30
    Options
    I used to get 8 - 8.5 and felt it was the minimum. I had to start getting up early which has shifted me to a steady 7 each night and I feel better for it. My sleep feels more efficient now and I wake up more rested.
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    7 1/12-8 1/2

Anything less than 7 and I have significant impairment. Loss of mental focus, irritability, depression and usually my stomach doesn't feel too good.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    On average, about 6-7... I can function better on less though! (Pulling all-nighters in college helped with that)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    5-6hrs during the week. but i absolutely crash on the wkds and can sleep up tp 12hrs straight
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I usually get about 7-8 hours of sleep or the odd school night I get 6.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    7-7.5 usually but like to get 8-8.5
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I get around 4 -5 hours. Not by choice I just can't sleep. I would like to get more.

This.....sometimes less
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    7 full hours a night during the week and a full 8 on the weekends. I don't mess around when it comes to my sleep. I spent my ENTIRE 20s getting by on only 4-5 hours a night, and was proud of that. It's nothing to be proud of! Not getting enough sleep affected my health, both physical and mental. It affected the quality of my life.

and come to find out, that lack of sleep did not make me any more productive. I am much happier and saner when I get enough rest. I think clearer, and I work better and faster. You think you are saving time or making extra time by not getting enough sleep, but trust me you are not.

I hear you. I have three kids and two jobs, so on weekdays it's just impossible to fit any more sleep hours in. But hopefully soon I can adjust my schedule and get some more sleep on a regular basis. ;)
  • Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    Options
    I get about 8 every night. No more then that usually because you can't sleep in with a 2 year old :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Around 6. More on weekends.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try to get between 8 - 9 hours of sleep a night. For some reason, the older I get, the more sleep I need! LOL
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    7.5 on work nights, 9-12 on weekends.

If I get less than 7.5 regularly, I don't function. Less than 6 in one night and I'm a wreck.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    Between 6 and 8.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been sleeping 8 to 9 hours. I don't set the alarm clock most nights. I've had insomnia for years and I value a good night's sleep! I have had some bad nights too over the years. I feel like a dead person otherwise. I keep coffee to two cups only in the morning.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    between 6-7 usually
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    During the school year, I usually try for 7. 8 means leaving things undone in the evenings, 6 means I'm reallllly dragging in the morning. It's not an ideal balance; during the summer I get a more natural sleep cycle cause I don't have to get up to get the kiddo to school, and then I usually get 8-9 hours a night. That's about the amount at which I feel well-rested when I wake up. Yay summer! come back soon... lol
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    8-9 on average.

One night a week I only get 5 hours but that is my choice to stay up to watch a show and get up early still.

This is after 5 years of a kid who never slept thru the night and back then I survived on 4-5 hours.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i get my full 7-8 hours