Nooner?

Options
SeaChele77
SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
What would be your ideal time to workout?
No obstacles (work, school, kids, etc) - if you could workout whenever you wanted ....what time would it be?

Now - how close is that to reality? Are you able to workout when you really want or do you make adjustments?

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've always liked mornings, but work & kids prohibited that from happening. 7:30'ish would be awesome.

Now I've been getting up at o'dark thirty and started to really like it. I LOVE my sleep, but find getting up and running is pretty fricken awesome. 5:30 is not my ideal time, but I'm finding the silver lining. If I can't get it in the morning I like early afternoons before I try sit down afterwork or deal with dinner, homework, baths, bedtimes etc.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    On the weekends i prefer about 9-10am. During the week around 5-6pm. I cant get up early and workout If a football game is on then that is a great time to be on the treadmill! LOL
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    as soon as I get out of bed.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My ideal time would be first thing in the morning, so I could start my day endorphin-infused and get the workout overwith. But that never happens...

I squeeze the exercise in after I get home from work in between the chaotic moments of the family stuff. :)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    In the am before I start my day.. I could go if my hubby wasn't so lazy
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ideally as soon as I get up.

But on weekdays it ends up being after work.
    Weekends it's as soon as I get up.
  • NanoBear
    Options
    About 3 in the afternoon for me. I like a relaxed morning, then after lunch has gone down, do my workout, come home and have my post workout shake, and by the time I'm hungry again it's dinner time.

My job allows me to get pretty close to that, except for the relaxed morning bit. Most of my shifts are 6am-3pm, with the occasional 4am-1pm.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I usually workout after work, between 5:30 and 7:00, except on weekends when I try to get to the gym by 8 at the latest. If I had no time restrictions and taking a nap was an option, I would like to get my workout done in the mornings starting around 7 am. That way I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    8 am about 30 minutes after a light breakfast. I manage that on weekends sometimes.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I love mornings. You get it out of the way, you feel more energized, love the feel of sore muscles throughout the day, and you know exactly what your eating limit is. I feel as though when I work out in the evenings, it's because I'm almost out of avail cals, lol.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Shoot I thought this topic was about something else..... ::goes and retrieves mind out of gutter::

Carry on... :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I workout midmorning or afternoon....being single helps to have time to do so...lol
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ... shhhh, you had me at nooner
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    6am-7:45am M-F
  • samlankford
    Options
    I prefer to work out first thing in the morning but don't always feel like getting up earlier to workout before work, and not for nothing but the month 2 insanity dvd's or the asylum dvd's are longer, and you need to be fully awake to do them... would like to get up, have my shake and cup of coffee then workout about 15-30 mins later... but usually I settle for after work.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ideal time for me to workout: 8am
    Actual time for me to workout: 7pm-ish
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    7 or 7:30 would be good. That would give me good time to get up, eat some breakfast and go. Unfortunately, I have to be at work at 7:30. I have a 7 year old daughter too. So my mornngs are spent packing lunches, fixing breakfast and trying to get all of us out of the door. I used to run around 5 AM in the summer when it was still light out. It's too dark for me now.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I work from my home so I workut between 7:30-9 am and then on weekends- usally between 2-3 when kids are taking a nap. I wish I could get up at 5:15 on the weekends to work out but its hard!! I usallly get up at 8 on weekends and relax before teh kids get up...
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like the morning time. Give myself 45 minutes or so to wake up and have a protein supplement shake then work out. I find that the longer I wait I will start to get unmotivated to start. I have so many things that need to get done during the day that my time window shrinks.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    Before 6 a.m. If I wait longer then chances are I won't do it at all. I don't have any kids at home anymore though so it's easy for me.