Protein Powders ??!

Options

Replies

• martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com is pretty reasonable when it comes to protein powder and supplements.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cline7310
    cline7310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I USE MUSCLE MILK 100 CALORIES LIGHT. IT IS YUMMY!! I THINK IT IS BETTER THEN THE BODY FORTRESS. YOU CAN GET A 4 PACK AT WAL MART FOR LIKE 5.50.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Great flavor, mixes good, and whey isolate is the first ingredient in the protein blend. Isolates are more expensive than concentrate. I believe the ON Gold Standard product has the best mix for the cheapest price. Also, check Vitacost ( http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=2776855 ) for good prices on this kind of stuff. For full discloser, I posed my referral link because I will get a little bonus if you decide to purchase from there. Trust me, I am not referring you for the bonus, I am doing it because they have great prices on a lot of the products I buy.
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    bump
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Do they make one that is NOT flavored? I would like to be able to add protein to foods without altering the flavor. The option to add it to savory foods would be nice.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Best protein powders I have ever had, and I've tried a lot are Click ( a coffee protein powder ) and Blue Bonnet chocolate Whey.
  • Mrsjay27
    Options
    I recently purchased and started using Soy Protein Vanilla flavor from Trader Joes..Not sure if you have a TJ in your area but it doesn't have any preserves, very low sugar and no added chemicals...So far I like that it satisfies me and I don' t get this odd feeling I got from Muscle Techs Whey protein. Not sure just yet how effective it is in developing muscle though I'm sure it is going to help. It was inexpensive also...maybe 15.00 for a months supply
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I use EAS 100% whey protein bought at Target for $20. It has 26g of protien, 2g sugar and 150 calories for 2 scoops. I bought the chocolate and it tastes awesome. I was pretty skeptical when I bought it, but I love the taste of it and can't wait to try the strawberry and vanilla.
  • b1g_tun4
    Options
    I just bought Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein from Walgreens. It was 14.99 last week when I bought vanilla and 21.99 this week when I bought the chocolate. 26 protein and low card and fat per scoop. Both taste ok and since I have been drinking 2 a day since last Thursday the scale has finally started moving down again!!!! I add a half pack of an orange flavor crystal light drink stick to the vanilla and it is really good! I also mix 1/2 milk an 1/2 water to cut down on carbs and foam from shaking it up-working well for me. The tubs have 25 servings each. Walgreens also now has points that add us to get $5.00 coupons to use on future purchases and no special trip to find a GNC! Good luck.

The price was probably different because you purchased the Body Fortress Whey Isolate ($22) instead of the normal non-isolate ($15). Isolate is better because it is faster acting. You should notice the powder is a finer grain.
  • b1g_tun4
    Options
    I have a friend that loves Sunwarrior but I haven't been able to fit it into my budget so I use the Walmart Body Fortress stuff. Sometime I splurge on the Isolate for after workout.

I am going to start a new thread about http://www.sunwarrior.com/
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I use GNC amp wheybolic. I love it and it's always on special... Buy one get one 50 percent off, plus 20 percent off the first week of each month. I know that place is crawling with dude-bros..... But I love that protein powder.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I buy the Body Fortress from Walmart, I mix it with vanilla Silk soymilk....My fav is the chocolate peanut butter- tastes like a Reese Cup>>cost about 15 bucks I think. HUGE container. Daily serving size is 2 scoops, but I use one- 27 grams of protein

Same
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into getting a protein powder either whey or soy protein. I'm looking for something cheap, affordable, and for everyday use. Is there any products that are low in carbs and sugar, and helps build muscle?! I have been looking at 100% Whey Gold Standard, and Lean Dessert Protein BSN. I'm still not exactly sure how to shop for protein powders so if anyone can help me out, and give me options of what they use. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I've been using Jillian Michaels Natural Whey Protein shake mix. I absolutely love the vanilla ( i havent tried the other flavors yet) for a scoop its only 100 calories, 7g of carbs, and has 15g of protein. It also doesnt have any artificial perservatives or sweetners. I want to say I get around 13-14 scoops per container and you can find it at your local walmart for $10. If you have certain macros youre wondering about it is already in MFP food database.
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just started using BiPro 100% Whey Protein Isolate. $49.99 online for a 2lb tub but they have promotions pretty frequently. 20g protein, 80 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fat. It's unflavored so you can add it to just about anything (or anything to it). I use powdered PB2 (chocolate peanut butter) and water for a protein shake but it would make a great protein smoothie too with some skim milk and fruit. They have recipes on their website too.

http://www.biprousa.com/bipro.html?__hstc=123727124.9ac248690b4c2b19a9d89520dda115e0.1347812394205.1347812394205.1349187943834.2&__hssc=123727124.1.1349187943834
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 & Gold Standard are what I've been recommended by several people. I picked up 2 5lb tubs of Syntha 6 on sale for about $35 each. I got both chocolate & vanilla and they both taste good with water & milk.

You can price the stuff at Walmart, and it's probably not much cheaper than the ones listed above if you shop around. Here in Houston/Austin we have Nutrition Depot. I checked but they don't seem to do online sales, which is too bad as they usually have really good prices.

Check around and find all your local suppliment stores & smoothie shops.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    another fan of gold standard here
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Do they make one that is NOT flavored? I would like to be able to add protein to foods without altering the flavor. The option to add it to savory foods would be nice.

I use Vega One...it's a Vegan protein powder that I mix with ice water for 123 calories. I use the natural flavour. 15g protein, 6g of fiber with greens and antioxidants plus it's a low GI. I love it. It's about $40 though for a tub.