Anyone giving up soda?

Options
I'm on my third day of no soda, and I got the killer headache to go with it. Anything that gives you a headache like withdrawal from caffeine can't be good for you.

I work third shift so I'm use to hitting the vending machine for a soda for a quick pickup. So I've decided not to have any money on me at work this way I won't be able to get the soda.

I really prefer water over soda anyway so I just can't understand why I drink so much soda anyways. Just have to break my habit.

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I used to drink anywhere from 1-4 a day. I gave them up about 3 months ago. Once the headache is gone you won't even miss it! Great idea to not carry cash!
  • bigfatmommy
    bigfatmommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yeah, coming off the caffeine is hard! and if you don't consider seltzer to be soda, it's a good alternative if you crave fizz. :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I gave it up a few months ago and I don't miss it. I drink lots of water and tea. Good luck!
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    ConstanceMarieRuff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I gave soda up almost 3 months ago. It gets easier. I was addicted to them, more than I was to cigarettes. I quit smoking cigarettes almost 2 years ago and it wasn't as hard as me quitting soda. Sodas were the only thing I would drink. I wouldn't have anything else in between them. I would drink probably 4-5 sodas a day. I won't even allow myself a sip now or else I feel as if I would be back in the same position. Good luck. You are already doing a good job just by being off of them for 3 days. (: You can do it.