Options
Hi all! I just joined this page tonight. I've been struggling with my weight for years and in the last year I've really cracked the whip on myself after I had a doctor tell me I was obese. I know understand what they mean when the say "The truth hurts". I left the office and sat in my car in a fit of tears, I knew I was overweight, I have been forever but I've never been called OBESE. It was aweful for me to hear but it slapped me back on track. So as of late I've been failing a bit (Just like today, i binged really bad) and I've just now realized why...I have no support group. My friends tell me I don't need to do this. But they are not living in my body so they don't see it the way I do. So I've searched the web and signed up to a few different message boards in hopes to gain that support that I need. And from looking around here I think I might have struck gold. :) I totally need something or someone to hold me accountable for my weight. I will do it this year! 2010 is my year! and I WILL make that doctor eat his words!

Replies

• jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good for you - this site really helps - guys and gals alike...

I have a lllloooonnnngggg journey to reach my goals, but this site really helps...easy to use, and always plenty of people posting the very same issues I am facing...I'm down over 10 pounds in about 6 weeks, and I am still eating foods I love...just not as much! Once you see the numbers, you realize how our fast-food society has crippled us into overeating...every restaurant wants to give you a "great" deal for the money you spend, but when you realize how many calories are in those meals, the light really comes on...

Good luck, you are among friends here!
  • rnmommy
    rnmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats for realizing you need support in your journey! Good luck in losing weight and becoming healthier :smile:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I will support you! It is great here! Everything you need in one place!
  • imdamom
    Options
    Welcome!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I think I'm gonna like it here.
  • wmboyd
    Options
    Hello,

Well we all need help and support and this is a great forum. Take it one day at a time and if you falter just start again. I have a hard time with staying out of the kitchen when I am bored, I try to keep myself occupied, crosswords, computer etc. I have 70 - 80 pounds to lose and my BMI says I am obese as well and yes it is hard words to swallow, but the fact is that its true and until I face it and come to grips as why I eat like I do I wont change. The night before Valentines I was at the store with my 16 yr old son, I was in the candy isle and he says mom remember you are starting your diet, my reply was well not tonight, Im not starting before valentines, Ill start on monday. Well I went home, sat on my couch and realized I was making any excuse I could to delay starting. I woke up Valentines day and started eating right. Its only been 2 days, but for me that is great cuz I really love sweets and fried foods, so I tell myself to take it one day at a time. I too say this is my year and I will succeed. I will motivate you as best I can and if you feel the need to eat when you shouldnt just sit down and write me. Occupy your time. Stay strong.

Your friend

Wendy
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thank you Wendy, that's very sweet of you. And I found myself doing that too, delaying and making excuses, especially around my friends and my boyfriend (who's trying to help me the best he can but he's only here on weekends right now) so i find myself saying "I really want some candy today... I'll be extra careful tomorrow" and it just goes south from there.
    Same goes to you too, and anyone else.. you guys can write to me, even just to chat if you want. I'm a good listener, but don't take it personally if I don't get back to you right away. I work offshore, so sometimes it might be a few days or even a month before I get back online (which totally sucks, I know, but I LOVE my job).
    Good luck everybody! this is our year!!