Question on Sugars

Options
I just changed my setting to show how much sugar I should be consuming, and for me, it is 24 g. I nearly doubled this today!!! (at 50g) BUT...I had an apple and a banana....which was 24g alone (12 each) That doesn't leave anything for the rest of the day, and it was FRUIT?!?! I am WAY under on everything else (I still have 950 calories left for today after my workout) Not entirely sure what to do. Fruit is good for you, but it is unrealistic to not eat ANYTHING else in at least 1000 calories the rest of the day that has none at all. (apple and banana approx 100 calories each, so 1000 left over on 1200 daily limit BEFORE workout)

Help please!?!?!

Replies

• Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You don't really have to be all that concerned about your naturally occurring sugars, they get burned up very quickly. You need to be more concerned about sugars that will be converted to fat rather than used for energy, like the ones in candy or artificial sweeteners. Eat your calories, and don't stress about sugars quite so much, unless you are diabetic/pre-diabetic.
  • allibeck
    Options
    Bananas & apples have a LOT of fructose along with the plethora of nutritional benefits. Other than that,I don't know why having an apple and a banana in the same day would be unhealthy unless you were diabetic. Maybe find some fruit with a lower level of fructose, like berries or citrus.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am not diabetic..just don't want the sugar intake to hinder my weight loss. I don't eat a lot of chocolate or candy or such, so most of it is in the fruits that I eat.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat lower glycemic fruits. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries), cherries, apples, pears, peaches..............
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with sugar. I'm counting mine because too much processed suger gives me headaches. MFP has me set to 26g. It adds up so quickly! Does anyone know why it is so low?