Drinks

Options
Can you give me some ideas on what you drink for flavor? I get sick of water and sometimes adding a lemon doesn't even help.

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I have issues with plain water as well, unless I'm at the gym. I like crystal light- you can get the kind that makes 2 quarts, usually lasts me a couple days.
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have issues with plain water as well, unless I'm at the gym. I like crystal light- you can get the kind that makes 2 quarts, usually lasts me a couple days.

^^THIS
  • Tazzymk
    Tazzymk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For a warm drink I have green tea or add a slice of ginger to hot water. In cold water I sometimes add mint leaves and/or a slice of cucumber.
  • yesiam07
    Options
    i drink sobelife water 0 calories and propel zero both comes in lots of flavors
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been using Mio to add flavor to my water and that has helped me up my water intake. They have a variety of flavors & taste pretty good!
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Orange juice or pineapple juice or various green juices. Yum!
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I used to be super bored with water so I used some diluting juice to flavour for every second glass then slowly cut it down. Now all I drink is water and my nighttime milk.

Went from water hater to being a water slut in a few weeks!
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of fruit juice (yikes!) before MFP...I've stopped drinking my cals and only treat myself to a diet pop once or twice a week. However, I recently discovered Ocean Spray diet blueberry juice. It's 5 cals per cup and awesome (I'm a huge blueberry lover). Also good half and half with diet sprite/7-up...also good with vodka for something different:)
  • shantellrae
    Options
    For a warm drink I have green tea or add a slice of ginger to hot water. In cold water I sometimes add mint leaves and/or a slice of cucumber.

I *love* adding natural flavors to water. Cucumber is by far my favorite! Lemon, Orange, and lime are all good too.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    tea, coffee and diet soda in moderation:drinker:
  • alderman59
    alderman59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I put in a splash (1 oz) of unsweetened cherry juice. It is only 18 cals and really helps kick up the flavor of water. I also put it in club soda.
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of fruit juice (yikes!) before MFP...I've stopped drinking my cals and only treat myself to a diet pop once or twice a week. However, I recently discovered Ocean Spray diet blueberry juice. It's 5 cals per cup and awesome (I'm a huge blueberry lover). Also good half and half with diet sprite/7-up...also good with vodka for something different:)

I'm really going to have to look into this
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Every morning, I fill my water bottle with hot water from the coffee machine, and brew a different flavored Green Tea. Then I add ice and leave in the fridge until lunch. Lipton does a lot of flavor combos, plus they are loaded with antioxidents and vitamins. Some people think that Green Tea boost metabolism as well.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Coffee snobs may stuck their noses at me, but I add instant coffee to my hot and cold water in the mornings.

I also dilute juices (because I have lots of juices left over still) -- I prefer sodium free sparkling water so it tastes and feels like a soda.

I've done this for a bachelorette weekend away, my iced water with fruits added to it is very refreshing (and smells great!) -- I tried it with mint and raspberries, lemon with blackberries, mint with strawberries, orange with mint. (P.S. Blueberries does not work -- I always cringe when I see a tv host/cook add them to sangria -- they DON'T absorb or add flavor!!)
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Chrystal Light. I don't use it based on directions- I stretch a packet out to 3x the recommendation because I only need a little bit of flavor added to the water! I buy the variety packs and keep it at work- where I drink the majority of my water during the day.
  • shapevictoria
    Options
    I had a really hard time with water so I add different things... I am going to try Vi-Defy will keep everyone posted how it works..
  • trospert
    trospert Posts: 22 Member
    Options

This is what I do at work as well. 1-2 slices of lemon usually do it for me & kept with some ice/water they work for the whole day. Mint is very refreshing & can help keep you alert, while the cucumber is kinda relaxing. I like all those options b/c they are more natural than adding powders or flavored liquids to your water.

One other thing I do sometimes is have a bottle of a flavor of "Vitamin Water" that you like and add it about an inch at the bottom. You can still taste the flavor but you can stretch that bottle over the course of a day & have your water taste a little more pleasant.

Another option, which isn't as tasty, is the "Emergen-C" packets. It's flavor AND it's got lots of vitamins while you're at it. :)
  • Nickthetemp
    Nickthetemp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Diet Cherry Pepsi. Has 0 calories and taste kind of like Dr. Pepper.