Whats the funniest tunes you've heard at a funeral

Options
A good mate of mine died young after a life with MS. ( He used marijuana through his life of MS! ).
He set out his own funeral.
First tune, while we all sat there was. Bob Dylan, "everybody must get stoned", we were in stitches.
Then as the coffin went in to the fire, Monty Pythons, " Always look on the bright side of life " belted out.
What a guy :-)
What a send off!!!

Replies

• PeteyogiW
    Options
    A good mate of mine died young after a life with MS. ( He used marijuana through his life of MS! ).
    First tune, while we all sat there was. Bob Dylan, "everybody must get stoned", we were in stitches.
    Then as the coffin went in to the fire, Monty Pythons, " Always look on the bright side of life " belted out.
    What a send off!!!
    The place was packed :-)
  • baggageallowance
    Options
    My friend died last june of skin cancer. He was cremated to 'ring of fire'. We enjoyed that last laugh with him!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I want my funeral to be cool like that too. :)
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    To All the Girls I've Loved Brfore by Julio Iglesias.

No joke.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When I die, I want someone to play Whoop There It Is.
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I want "another one bites the dust"
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    An old country song called Tight Fittin Jeans was played at my great uncles funeral. They also had a keg out and were passing out beers at the grave site. Oh and he was buried on his back yard right behind his trailer house. Geez, I'm related to hillbillies.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My sister and I have planned out our own crunk funerals. I've requested to be lowered into my grave to Snoop and Pharrell's "Drop it Like it's Hot" and she wants her funeral to be on a party barge, with her ashes dumped overboard via shot glasses to the classic tune "Shots" by Lil Jon and LMFAO.

We know how to class up a funeral.

My dad had requested that Allman Brothers "Whipping Post" be played at his funeral, but seeing as it was a traditional Catholic funeral, the priest and my aunt didn't think it was appropriate. Whatever. His other request was that his funeral reception be open bar---that was a request we were all fully willing to fulfill.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I worked in a funeral home and honesly don't have a ton of "fun" stories to tell, minus things about strange characters and their even stranger families. I do wish that people would have more fun at their funerals like the previous posts, ha. You only do it once, right?
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My husband wants a Louisiana "Funeral Parade".. where people dress up Mardi Gras style and thow bead and such while he's carried down the street.
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My gandpa's funeral had the Chicago Bears fight song... he was such a fan!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    What a send off!!!

That's awesome.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I loved the ideas:bigsmile: After doing two very serious and tearful funerals for my parents (2009 & 2010) I'm now going to give my own some serious thought because I do want mine to be more upbeat and fun:wink:
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I worked in a funeral home and honesly don't have a ton of "fun" stories to tell, minus things about strange characters and their even stranger families. I do wish that people would have more fun at their funerals like the previous posts, ha. You only do it once, right?

I know my mom wanted a party at hers but I could not bring myself to do it. I was hurting way to much and my brother was of no help... Maybe her spirit is not at rest from the lame funeral haha
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hands down, the funniest song I've ever heard played at a funeral was the Indiana Jones Theme as they lowered the casket (and poured beers and threw cigarettes in the grave). I kid you not.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    Had a science teacher who said he wanted them to play "have a drink on me" by AC/DC and put a bottle of whiskey and shot glasses on his casket during the viewing.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    What a send off!!!

This is beautiful :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    We played this at my dad's funeral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpapdB-bCFI

My brother also told a joke he told a lot about mixing up hemorrhoid and denture cream. We wanted to do more, but my step mom is the worst.
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It may not be a song but I know I want to be buried face down with my pants around my ankles so and my middle finger taped up so I am always mooning the world along with saying fu...
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    We used to say among ourselves at the FH that I used to work at: "we put the fun in funeral"!