Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! *LOL*
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Oh and get the car. Helis are a money pit. Take it from an experienced pilot.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    whew BIG words...cant wait

go for the helicopter :flowerforyou:
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Petrol remote control car. Way more fun! Has to be petrol though, electric ones suck.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thanks unsure why women are commenting on this.. And thanks guys car it is any ideas what ones are the best haha. And no I have not just had a baby she is 2, but he is a big kid at heart and I wanted to get him something he can play with FROM her because her face will light up seeing her daddy playing with a toy she bought him x
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    What age is he?
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but unless he has experience with flying a helicopter he will crash it. My men have them and then suddenly, they don't !lol (Field or no field there is ground EVERYWHERE!)
    Go with the car!
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    What age is he?
    . 23
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    I'm not a guy but unless he has experience with flying a helicopter he will crash it. My men have them and then suddenly, they don't !lol
    Go with the car!
    . Thankyou very much x
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Go big....helicopter for sure
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Look at Traxxis RC cars. If your hubby isn't big into RC things then a petrol (or gas) one isn't worth the money. They are hard to take care of and to keep running properly. Electric ones might work a lot better for him if he doesn't like to tinker with engines and gadgets. There's a LOT of tinkering and work that needs to be put into a petrol RC car.

I got a mini RC helicopter that uses my smartphone as a remote. I have had other ones that come with remotes, etc. The one that uses my smartphone as a remote has been the best! It is incredibly durable and is really accurate to fly. I got it from Target for $50. RC cars are going to run you $150+ for a decent one.

^^^^^ This, I had petrol remote airplanes and cars. The electric ones are much easier and better to fly and mess with!
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Look at Traxxis RC cars. If your hubby isn't big into RC things then a petrol (or gas) one isn't worth the money. They are hard to take care of and to keep running properly. Electric ones might work a lot better for him if he doesn't like to tinker with engines and gadgets. There's a LOT of tinkering and work that needs to be put into a petrol RC car.

I got a mini RC helicopter that uses my smartphone as a remote. I have had other ones that come with remotes, etc. The one that uses my smartphone as a remote has been the best! It is incredibly durable and is really accurate to fly. I got it from Target for $50. RC cars are going to run you $150+ for a decent one.

^^^^^ This, I had petrol remote airplanes and cars. The electric ones are much easier and better to fly and mess with!
    . Right iv decided a cheap little helli FROM the dogs haha and a electric car FROM my girl :) thanks everyone that helped me x
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but unless he has experience with flying a helicopter he will crash it. My men have them and then suddenly, they don't !lol
    Go with the car!
    . Thankyou very much x

You're welcome. :smile:
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    One question. Will the husband think the baby actually went out and bought it with her own money? Will he look at you and say, "Hunny, did you know about this?". Edit: The same for the dogs?

In a big field, I would say small helicopter. Big Helicopter is a huge no, unless he has been doing it for years and knows what he's doing. Big helicopters can get really expensive. I had a friend of mine that was just getting into the flying helicopter hobby and his wife thought she was buying him a huge helicopter to fly around for Christmas. He opened it up Christmas morning, and it was just a huge helicopter FRAME. Because neither knew anything about helicopters going into this deal, they wasted $600-$700. Keep it simple.
    . No it's just a cute thing we do and the baby will go and buy it herself yes with her "Christmas pocket money" that is to buy us something with ( we just put money in it each week so she thinks she's saved to get them for us, we do the same at birthdays).

And iv seen quite a good little one for £50 that will be good just stuck on a car now!
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    One question. Will the husband think the baby actually went out and bought it with her own money? Will he look at you and say, "Hunny, did you know about this?". Edit: The same for the dogs?

In a big field, I would say small helicopter. Big Helicopter is a huge no, unless he has been doing it for years and knows what he's doing. Big helicopters can get really expensive. I had a friend of mine that was just getting into the flying helicopter hobby and his wife thought she was buying him a huge helicopter to fly around for Christmas. He opened it up Christmas morning, and it was just a huge helicopter FRAME. Because neither knew anything about helicopters going into this deal, they wasted $600-$700. Keep it simple.
    . No it's just a cute thing we do and the baby will go and buy it herself yes with her "Christmas pocket money" that is to buy us something with ( we just put money in it each week so she thinks she's saved to get them for us, we do the same at birthdays).

And iv seen quite a good little one for £50 that will be good just stuck on a car now!
    haha ok. Well you can't go wrong with a small copter from the dogs, and car from the baby. What are you getting him?
    hahahah a Landrover for offroading hahahhah u can get the, for £500 :)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Well, between the helicopter, the car and the landrover he will have a great Christmas. Of course he would probably have a great Christmas without any of that, because he has a caring wife, and precious daughter. The best Christmas gift I have ever gotten was not purchased by anyone.

Do Nothing and Regret it Later or Do Something and Enjoy it Later, Your Future Is In Your Hands
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Well, between the helicopter, the car and the landrover he will have a great Christmas. Of course he would probably have a great Christmas without any of that, because he has a caring wife, and precious daughter. The best Christmas gift I have ever gotten was not purchased by anyone.

Do Nothing and Regret it Later or Do Something and Enjoy it Later, Your Future Is In Your Hands
    that is so lovely thankyouu we have had a few bad christmas's so want to spoil him this year x
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If you decide on the helicopter go with a bigger one, the small ones are harder to fly. There is A LOT of work learning to fly a helicopter but once you learn there's a lot that can be done with them.

The cars are fun and so are planes. I learned to fly a plane pretty easily, never did pick up the helicopter but my husband loves its.