30 LBS lost!

Options
I've officially lost 30lbs and I'm feeling great! From my heaviest, 216, I'm now at my current weight of 186!

I don't know how I let myself go like that, but I suspect that a lot had to do with how unhappy I was.

At my height of 5'11", 186 is not a bad weight - I'm strongly built and carry a fair amount of muscle, but I'm thinking 175-180 would be a good end goal.

If anyone wants to know how I did it, I'd be happy to share my weight loss plan.

Replies

• ddhomefinder
    ddhomefinder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, Please share your weight loss plan with me. I am just starting. I lost 3 pounds:-)
  • Rebel73
    Rebel73 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey DD,

Let's start with the basics:

DIET:

I cut out soda and fruit juices and basically just stopped DRINKING my calories. That change alone can yield significant results over time. SUGAR is the enemy.

I cut out junk food (except for the occasional treat), and snacking between meals.

I exercised portion control. I eat until I'm SATISFIED, not full, and then I stop.

I never limited particular foods. I still eat pizza and pasta and stuff, but again it comes down to portion control.

I eat SLOWLY, because it helps me keep from overeating. It takes 15-20 minutes for your brain to get the message from your stomach that it's had enough.

EXERCISE:

30-45 minutes of BOXING/PUNCHING BAG 4-5 times a week.

Weight training 3-4 days a week.

After a while, I decided to get more accurate and scientific so I determined my BMR (basal metabolic rate) to figure out how many calories I should be consuming daily to reach my goal. Once I knew that, I used the wonderful MyFitnessPal app to log everything I eat and my activites to reach my goal NET daily calorie intake. The NET intake is what matters, because it factors in your activities for the day.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Chopper88
    Options
    Bravo, my man!
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    U Rock!:glasses:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's what it's all about! Fantastic work...congratulations!!
  • Rebel73
    Rebel73 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!