It's been only 14 days, but....

Options
I love what I am doing and how I feel, It has been 14 days since I started and I think i'm doing great, even today I took my kids to the movies and popped our own 100 calorie bags of pocorn for each of us, but we were over an hour early so we stopped at burger king I had a side salad/ no dressing and 4 chicken nuggets and couldn't finish it all, 2 weeks ago I could have eaten a whopper meal large sized with at least two soda refills, did I mention I just drank water.
The other day I read on here somebody bought a scale and realized he (she ) was off on portions, so I decided to do the same, and so was I. I was eatting way less veggies then I could have been and not properly entering my calorie intake.
I don't feel deprived, or starved, I actually feel like I have changed my life, this started out as just a diet, but already became just a new way of eatting not a temporary goal.
At work yesterday there were tons of candies everyone trying to give me some for Valentines day and I controlled myself, normally I would have said "oh what the heck, it's Valentines", but each day I go without giving in to temptation I feel stronger and it's so much easier then the day before, and I am so proud of myself.
ok i'm giddy with delight that it finally clicked. I had to tell somebody.

Replies

• ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    and it's been 14 days since I finished off my kids plates.

yeah me!
  • hcwhipple
    Options
    great job! Keep up the good work and remember that great feeling that you had today! :happy:
  • momof2gr8ones
    Options
    That is just AWESOME! congrats!
  • keileen
    keileen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work! i felt exactly the same, its a lifestyle change, not just a diet!
  • nolan_84
    Options
    it's pretty crazy how quickly your stomach gets used to having serving sizes and how full you get if you eat more. i used to be able to eat... and i mean really eat and i'm not extremely overweight or anything...6'0 was bout 220 around Christmas. I could easily eat an angus shroom and swiss and fries and drink the pop...then a couple weeks ago... i got full on about 3/4 of the sandwich which i was only eating becasue i hadnt eaten in like 6 hours and my friend offered it to me... it was pretty crazy.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It does become a way of life. Recently I'm having a hard time eating everything I'm supposed to. I'm trying to eat exactly the amount of cals I'm supposed to have but I don't always want all of it. Today, a girl at work had a birthday party and they had brownies and chips. I was able to say "No thank you." because I was still full from breakfast.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!