What do you eat with Hummus?

Options

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I like hummus with pita bread. If you're doing the low-carb diet, try some broccoli or cauliflower. Or some mushrooms.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat hummus with pita bread, on toast, tortilla chips, baby carrots, celery, peppers, raw broccoli, any sort of veggie really. I also put it in wraps as a dressing. ;)

With pita bread, is still my favorite. I like to eat it for breakfast and put it in the toaster, so it's hot and fluffy/doughty/crunchy in certain parts. So delicious with a tub of cold/creamy hummus.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Vegetables are always great with hummus. Triscuits are great, too, because they offer a good amount of protein and fiber.
  • vanillapot
    vanillapot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat it with rice crackers. I don't like it that much with vegetables... and rice crackers have very few calories
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You could make the cheese chips. You take grated cheese and bake it on a non-stick cookie sheet in the oven at 350. You make piles about the size of a Ritz cracker and bake it till it's just very slightly brown. Then let cool until crisp. I also like it with vegetables. Broccoli is very good with hummus.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Vegggie Sticks - Carrots, Bell Peppers, Cucumber, Celery :-)
  • pabisc
    pabisc Posts: 17
    Options
    Just last week I ate it with romaine lettuce. Usually it's tough enough on the ends of this lettuce to scoop into the hummus. Very tasty. :smile:
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to find out what other people eat with their hummus?!! I am doing the low carb thing and can't eat it with the pita chips I used to would have!!! Im looking for ideas of what to eat with it that are low carb!! Love snow peas and cucumbers. Need more variety tho!!! :-)

I eat it with hardboiled egg whites, carrots, mushrooms, on a sandwich or wrap..etc. It's delicous with eggs. Don't knock it until you try it!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    veggies!!! bell peppers, sweet peppers, baby carrots, celery.... etc.

Also, use a spread for sandwhich's in place of mayo.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I eat a salad with hummus every day. It's very filling and tasty.
  • csykes1976
    csykes1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it with carrots, celery, bell peppers... but when craving chips, I get the Falafel Chips. Very tasty!
    http://www.falafelchips.com/products.php
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Any fresh veggies, cracker thins, yum.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Falafel... veggie patch brand isn't too bad on carbs & 4 peices is only 130 calories. If you double it, it's a meal!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I put it on my veggie burger
  • Kristi_losing_it
    Options
    I'm doing low carb too. I dip it with all the veggies listed and even cheese sometimes. For a cracker, I eat Melba toast usually with it if I need a carb fix. I have used with the low carb tortillas as a spread with spinach and tomatoes for a lunch too. Sarba Tuscan garden is the best.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    rice cakes
    falafal
    quinoa salad
    chickpea chapati
    bean stew
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe and it's fantastic!

http://support.cleanprogram.com/entries/20112382-hummus-crusted-chicken-with-rosemary-and-lemon

Really simple (slather and roast) but oh so tasty!

With a large (approx 220g chicken breast) it comes in at:
    Cal 387
    Carbs 9 (Sugar 2)
    Fat 15
    Protein 54
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I could never bring tuna salad in my school lunch because I don't have a fridge. I tried mixing my tuna with hummus and accidentally discovered yummm.

So my tuna lunch is 2 cans of tuna, drained, mixed with 2-3 tbsp of plain or garlic or sundried hummus, plus any salsa/hot sauce/seasoning spices I like. I use chipotle tabasco a lot and it's good.

A nice protein filled bowl of yummy. I eat it with a spoon.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    a spoon. Oh wait you asked what to eat with the hummus not how to eat the hummus. :) I can only buy it in small quantities as I will eat the whole container in a coupe of servings, even if I portion out the serving size. I just keep going back for more servings.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I eat hummus with my hummus!
    hummus.jpg