Ate lunch, still hungry. drank water, still hungry. Ate ...

Options

Replies

• Vogue126
    Vogue126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Flavored seltzer. Surprisingly filling. It still counts as water and the bubbles really help. (Not the flavored sparkling water with artificial sweetner.) I'm drinking some right now because lunch was a LONG time ago! I drink a 1 liter bottle and feel really full. Vintage and Deer Park both make good ones.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I agree on protein. Add more protein, beans would be good. Or a few slices of sandwich meat if you eat meat.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Eat less carbs and more protein.

And if I am really looking for a filler, air-pop popcorn, PAM spray, salt. 100 cals for a big volume.
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    let it pass.... I read a post one time that said "hunger is not an emergency", it reminded me that it's okay to be hungry sometimes...especially since you did already eat lunch.
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    ^^Don't do any of that if you're actually hungry. Eat something substantial but not junk. There should be zero guilt about eating if your body is telling you it needs fuel. :drinker:

I agree with this.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. I feel like I can stuff my face for under 100 calories (depending on the brand)
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ummm... I eat.. Sounds like you need more protein darlin.
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    I agree I haven't had enough protein. I'm going to have a boiled egg... or three! ha! I hadn't even thought about the protein part bc the sushi has a tad but yeah I had oatmeal for breakfast. No WONDER I'm hungry!
  • pocketmel
    Options
    Go for a stroll. If that doesn't tie you over than eat a meal. You'll be satisfied with exercise and food intake!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've been doing the 1200cal thing for most of the last 6 months, and I recently increased my calories according to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12. I'm just starting, but a lot of people swear by it--and I definitely have more energy! Just a plug there. If this is a one-time thing though, you got some great advice about the gum and water, etc, etc. You can do it!!
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake may be just too low and its time to listen to your body. What is your planned weight loss per week goal? Is the 1,200 and change calories/day what MFP recommended or is this an idea from the message boards? What is your BMR?

Whether its too low or just right I would add more fibrous food (leafy greens, whole fruits, ground flax seed, chia seeds, etc...) into your meals. Also, when you are eating a decent calorie deficit things like sugar (brown or white) will overstimulate your appetite more dramatically. Replace the sugar calories with healthy fats and/or lean proteins. I would also try to get off processed/packaged foods as much as possible.

Edit; this is off topic but I would also watch sodium levels. This can cause discouragement at the scales due to excess water retention.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the sugar free jello. That is absolute *kitten* for you - my lovely biology teacher insisted on telling our entire class what's in it. I would say eat celery and bell peppers with a little bit of peanut butter!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else already says it, but Tums helps me sometimes if I know I shouldn't be hungry but my tummy isn't cooperating. ;)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You are eating very little - according to the last few days on your diary...Eat food - including protein, and a bit more...You are hungry because your body needs food....So eat....
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    EAT RAW VEGGIES or an apple with peanut butter
  • mearlie
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the GREAT responses! Yes I definitely over-did the carbs today and didn't even notice until it was pointed out. I had some nuts/seeds and fried a whole egg with an extra egg white. I feel a little better now and I'm going to drink some more water. Thanks again!

Regarding sodium: I may end up having to cut back on sodium but I tend to have pretty low blood pressure (90/60-110/75 is typical for me) so it's one of the guilty pleasures I am hanging onto for now. I feel awful when my bp is on the lower end so a little extra sodium actually makes me feel better.

Regarding the 1200 calories - I was really discouraged by not losing even though I was counting calories on weight watchers program so I came to MFP. At first I chose 1 pound per week and my allowed calories were around 1400. I did that for a couple days, then I changed it to 2 pounds. (it's actually only a 1.5 pound per week reduction bc I kept the MFP 1200 min goal). I don't plan to do that long term, maybe another week then I'm going to go back to 1 pound a week (around 1400 cals). BUT now that I've had this little dance with hunger I AM thinking of revisiting that a little sooner rather than later. I was on the Weight Watcher plan for 5 weeks and not losing a thing (I actually gained a pound over-all!). I was paying $40 a month to gain weight! So I'm kind of playing around with the numbers right now. I know it's not rational but you know all us impatient newbies do the same darn thing. I'm in that stage just yet. Gah. Why are we all like that?! lol
  • mearlie
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else already says it, but Tums helps me sometimes if I know I shouldn't be hungry but my tummy isn't cooperating. ;)

Great idea!

Also to the person who dismissed the sugar free jello, I totally agree. I appreciate the advice from the person who recommended it - I'll take all the advice I can get and assort it to fit my needs - but I don't "do" fake sugar. I'm a migraine/vertigo sufferer and one of the things you should notice from my diary is that I try not to eat pre-packaged/fake foods. I try to start with fresh or frozen meats and veggies and side dishes are created from scratch - generally.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein? Egg whites or a packet of tuna aren't too high in calories.

^ I agree with this!! Since I have increased my protein, I hardly ever feel hungry!!
  • mearlie
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I did - an egg with an extra egg white. And it did help a lot! Plus I think I'm going to change my settings back to only 1 pound a week weight loss - I may need those extra calories now that I'm trying to get more protein and less carbs into the plan. (I just changed the standard MFP settings to increase my protein/fat and decrease carbs)
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    ^^Don't do any of that if you're actually hungry. Eat something substantial but not junk. There should be zero guilt about eating if your body is telling you it needs fuel. :drinker:

what if you want your body to burn fat for fuel

your body isn't going to automatically start burning fat as fuel, it'll go into starvation mode first and store everything you eat as fat. sort of counterproductive.