Turkey Trot Poll!

Options
I've noticed there are a lot of people on here mentioning a Turkey Trot! So...I'm wondering, where is your Turkey Trot, how long is it, and are you runnning/walking it?

Our's is run by a regional grocery store, and they have routes all over NE Wisconsin. It's 5 miles long and I'm SO close to registering for it! I can do about 3.25 miles comfortably and will have 4-5K races in by then.

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I want to do our neighborhood Turkey Trot. It's a 5k and would be my first race, but requires me getting over a couple of stupid injuries first, so we'll see - I'll probably enter even if I wind up walking it, just for the practice. Ours is put on by the local Business Association, which sponsors a bunch of cool neighborhood things. Oh, and it starts practically at my front door, so it's not like I have a real excuse not to.
  • PompousClock
    Options
    Dallas hosts a 5K Turkey Trot, starting in downtown very early on Thanksgiving morning. I jogged my first 5K in September, and the Turkey Trot is ten weeks later. I'm curious to see if I can improve my time (a dismal 35 minutes). As part of CrossFit, now that it's finally below 90 degrees again, we're starting to incorporate more sprints and one mile runs into our daily workouts. I'm going to add a fourth workout each week of steady jogging as well. I still don't like running, but beating my first time is a decent incentive.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There's several around town (I live in Norfolk VA) but I haven't registered for anything because I don't know yet if we are traveling or having any out of town guests. Plus I am doing a 5K the first weekend of december...