I HAVE 5 WEEKS TO SHRINK MY THUNDER THIGHS!

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
I just found out a few days ago that I'm probably going on a last minute cruise with some friends in 5 weeks... January was the last time I've flown and I could squeeze in the airplane seat and buckle just fine, but there was not really any extra room... It has been too long since I've stepped on the scales, but my guess is I've probably gained 15 lbs since then :/

I read online that most airplane seats are 17 inches wide... without being squeezed in by anything, and allowed to squish out to their full potential... my thighs are taking up about 19 inches right now... I've been working out like a beast the last couple of days and plan to up until the cruise.

Do you think I can shave off an inch on each side in 5 weeks? What about shapewear... anything that will help me accomplish this?

Push come to shove... I'm flying with my teeny tiny guy friend who only weights about 130lbs... I could always lop over into his seat since He's not going to be taking up the whole thing... but I already feel like Godzilla next to him anyways so I'd really rather that not be the case.

What can I do? Is this going to be possible?

Replies

• jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats and cardio. Cut back on calories especially any foods with fat.
  • jr1985
    Options

Thanks for your help... I am really watching what I eat too... I'll have to add more squats to my routine though.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I think you could shave a few inches of each thigh in 5 weeks if you are currently overweight. Calorie deficit, cardio, and overall fat loss is your best bet. Just stick to it, save all the "cheating" for the vacation :wink:

Oh. And lunges. Lots and lots of lunges! Weighted lunges!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It looks like you have good advice here.
  • telizad
    telizad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You could try JM dvd Killer Buns and Thighs....great workout for that area. It definitely has me breaking a good sweat while doing the workouts but the inches I've lost with it are totally worth it.
  • Kimaya24
    Options
    I agee you can definitely lose at least an inch off each thigh in 5 weeks...like others have said, diet, cardio, and weighted squats & lunges. Especially squats because they tighten everything from your torso down when done properly. Go to the gym or ymca to do them in the squat box if possible.

Also, avoid processed foods and watch your carbs as much as possible and avoid alcohol (save it for your trip). Eat lots of fresh veggies and lean meats & drink LOTS of water! Maybe try a 3-7 day cleanse to jumpstart your plan.

Good luck!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I lost an inch off my thighs in three weeks just by eating slightly better and doing a strength routine 1-2 times a week that involves squats.
  • Susan3054
    Susan3054 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try a high protein (fish, chicken, eggs) low carb diet for the next 5 weeks! It curbs your appetite and you can drop weight pretty quick.
  • jr1985
    Options
    Thanks for your advice and support!
  • reenielovesthebeach
    Options
    You can so do this! I have lost 31 pounds by working out 3-5 days a week, doing treadmill at 3.6 for at least 35 minutes to an hour each time. (depending on my energy level on a given day) I used to never exercise, prior to that date.

I have cut my calories on most days to 1300 or less. Some days I even go over that amount. I lost a lot pretty quickly because I have a lot to lose and you will lose faster in the beginning as I did. I started on 8/8/12 at 262 pounds and now I weigh 231 pounds- I'm 5'7" tall. I'm hoping to be at 195 or so by Spring Break. I'm almost half way to my goal. Eat lower sodium, fish and salmon, almonds, fruits, veggies, grains. Cut out as much junk food, sugar, pop and processed foods. (bagged and boxed stuff) All of this, with some will-power has contributed to my success. Oh and log every single thing you eat and drink on your diary, even if you do go over. Helps tremendously....

GOOD LUCK!
  • jr1985
    Options
    You can so do this! I have lost 31 pounds by working out 3-5 days a week, doing treadmill at 3.6 for at least 35 minutes to an hour each time. (depending on my energy level on a given day) I used to never exercise, prior to that date.

I have cut my calories on most days to 1300 or less. Some days I even go over that amount. I lost a lot pretty quickly because I have a lot to lose and you will lose faster in the beginning as I did. I started on 8/8/12 at 262 pounds and now I weigh 231 pounds- I'm 5'7" tall. I'm hoping to be at 195 or so by Spring Break. I'm almost half way to my goal. Eat lower sodium, fish and salmon, almonds, fruits, veggies, grains. Cut out as much junk food, sugar, pop and processed foods. (bagged and boxed stuff) All of this, with some will-power has contributed to my success. Oh and log every single thing you eat and drink on your diary, even if you do go over. Helps tremendously....

GOOD LUCK!

Wow 31lbs is awesome! great job! and thanks for your encouragement!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Suggest different outlook:

You have the rest of your life to get and STAY fit.
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Suggest different outlook:

You have the rest of your life to get and STAY fit.

best answer yet.
  • cnland08
    cnland08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try doing 30-40 minutes on the elliptical 3-4 days a week along with JM Killer Buns and Thighs. And watch what you eat, definitely don't starve yourself tho, that will just slow things down and you won't have the energy to work out intensely. Doing all this, you should definitely see a difference in 5 weeks.

Hope this helps you, good luck and have fun on vacation :)
  • therealmax
    therealmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Ack! Fat doesn't make you fat!!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    5 weeks is plenty of time ...

Cardio for overall calorie burn
    Strength training
    Clean eating, water
    You could throw in some juice fasting at the end, right before you go (I lost 10 lbs before my wedding in 8 days of juice fasting)
    A good pair of spanx
    and a hot bathing suit
    You're set!!!!

Have a great vacation!!

Edited to say ... that you can really do a lot in 5 weeks. I have and that means anyone can. 5 weeks doesn't allow room for cheating though, you have to be dedicated. I'm sure you can be. Good luck!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reducing. You can work that area out all you want but that doesn't mean it will shave inches off. Calorie deficit, working out doing cardio and weights, and drink lots of water.
  • lecyda
    lecyda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do not do squats and lunges to reduce the size of your thighs. This will only make them larger. A huge misconception when people want to reduce their thighs and then do squats and lunges. You should increase your activity. Walk, walk, walk. It's low impact and burns calories. Aim for a total of 10,000 steps a day. Trust me. I have lost many inches and over 40lbs by walking, drinking plenty of water, doing resistance training twice a week, and sticking to my daily calorie goals. Good luck!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do not do squats and lunges to reduce the size of your thighs. This will only make them larger. A huge misconception when people want to reduce their thighs and then do squats and lunges. You should increase your activity. Walk, walk, walk. It's low impact and burns calories. Aim for a total of 10,000 steps a day. Trust me. I have lost many inches and over 40lbs by walking, drinking plenty of water, doing resistance training twice a week, and sticking to my daily calorie goals. Good luck!

A lot of people care about looks as well as size. At a calorie deficit, she won't gain any significant muscle in 5 weeks but she can make her thighs appear better in the bikinis that usually accompany cruises.