Afraid to work out.

Options
2»

Replies

• embercakez
    Options
    Hmm best to always be safe and see a doctor...

but what is your calorie intake for the day? If you are very low, pushing yourself that hard may be what is causing you to get ill.

^this. open your diary?
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Wow when I workout to hard my blood sugar drops and I have those same symptoms. I have to keep something sugary around after a good workout.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I deal with this quite often and I tried every combination of eating until I realized that I needed more pure water. A lot of people would argue against this but everyone's body is different. I used to black out and it would terrify me. Now I drink at least 3-5 bottles of water a day and after a week or so it stopped- only now Im terrified to not drink enough water- I think thats a better fear than faceplanting in the middle of the gym?
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This sounds like you could be hypoglycemic or have a thyroid problem. Definitely see a doctor.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    How much and what do you eat throughout the day? .If your body does not have enough of the right fuel, it will stop working...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the one to say it, but, you're not pregnant are you? :D;

Go see a doctor regardless. Hope everything works out.

Best of luck.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    check your blood sugars and make sure you hydrate .. see a dr. for sure.. have a stress test and glucose test done
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hmm best to always be safe and see a doctor...

but what is your calorie intake for the day? If you are very low, pushing yourself that hard may be what is causing you to get ill.

^this. open your diary?

I agree...you may not be eating enough throughout the day. What is your calorie intake? I also agree that you you should get a physical/see your doctor about the problem.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Forget what the people say on this thread and go see a doctor. Unless any of us have a medical degree, we really don't have a clue what really is going on with your body. I hope you fee better.
  • mariesa00
    mariesa00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you eating before you workout? Protein & carb before you workout will help hypoglycemia symptoms. I usually eat a protein shake and banana.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't believe this has been suggested yet, but I have heard that BCAAs can help regulate blood sugar, thus reducing the frequency of this sort of thing. I personally occasionally get the same symptoms you mention and know that I've had blood sugar issues cause this outside of workouts as well.

You might want to look into this. BCAAs are great to be incorporating into your workout anyway.

Obviously, I am not a doctor. Although I can definitely pretend to be in the right role playing scenario.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Most curious. I'd want to see your food and exercise diary before offering any suggestions.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think i may not be eating enough before my workout. I will try to eat something a little closer to my workout and see what happens. If all else fails, doctor time it is. :(
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Usually it's when i eat my calorie goal of 1200 calories......... i noticed on a day when i pigged out, i felt fine. Don't think i'm eating enough. I will test it out and if i'm still sick, i will go to the doctor!
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    exercise can make your sugar drop rapidly.. try eating a small protein/carb based snack before hitting the gym