People who have lost 100 lbs???

Options
How long did it take you to lose 100 lbs? I know it doesn't happen over night and I realize we're all different but for those of you that had 100 lbs or more to lose and were dedicated to the process of losing it, meaning eating right and working out - about how long did it take? Thank you all for your input in advance!! :)

Replies

• jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    bump. I haven't but I'd like to know :)
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I've lost mine over the course the last not quite 2 years. I had lap band surgery in May of 2010. The first 25 pounds or so came of quickly - then it stopped. That's when the real work began - Calorie counting and exercise.

I've had ups and downs - I plateaued at one point for close to 6 months which I eventually broke by upping my protein considerably.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is so great to know! Thank you!!!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    It took me since January of 2011. So almost a year and a half. It didnt seem like that fast of a drop to me at first, but i suggest not losing it as fast as i did.. because of the rate i lost it, i had to have my gallbladder removed due to painful stones. take your time and do it healthily(Slowly)! :flowerforyou:
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The bulk of the weight in a couple of years but then I sat at the same weight for awhile until I decided to lose another 20 or so. I always tell people I've lost and kept off 100 pounds over the last seven years. Truly, the slower you lose the weight the better. Studies have shown that the bulk of people like myself who've been able to keep the weight off have done so by losing it slowly so I always tell people to take it slow and don't try and rush it.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I lost 140lbs in exactly a year - still got more to go. I started with hypnotherapy to help break really bad habits and to understand myself better. In that year I confess I did no exercise, maybe the odd walk every now and again, nothing regular, nothing consistent. This year I'm exercising.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Started June 16, 2011. Hit 100 pounds lost March 24, 2012 :)
  • miamclearn
    Options
    wow seeing you all that have lost 100 lbs is amazin! that is my goal. ive lost 34 since jan, 2012. so 66 to go!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gosh! I LOVE THIS! Thanks everyone for your responses :) Such motivation!
  • thefelixabides
    Options
    Hi. It took me 12 months. There are lots of postings about people wanting to go through 100 lbs. of weight loss together but I find precious little for people joining up to keep 100 lbs. off! Even though it's not easy and the dedication can drive me crazy at times, I have to remember that carrying that weight wasn't easy either!
  • MissBettyBoop2
    MissBettyBoop2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have aprox 10 more pounds to lose, so I am not done yet! But my journey started in June of 2011, so I am still working on it. :) I'll get there....

Needed to edit this. I am not sure when I lost the 100 pounds exactly. But losing the 130 + pounds is what I've lost so far.
  • beanerific518
    Options
    I posted a topic earlier this year in Success Stories: "18 months and 99 pounds later (with pics) :-)"

I am down to 22% body fat which is considered ideal for a 31 year old woman. Honestly, I really don't have pounds to lose at this point, it is just body reshaping courtesy of strength training. Down the road I will probably get a tummy tuck as I was heavy my entire life and my mid section looks like a deflated version of its former self. There is no amount of crunches, creams, etc that will remedy this. Luckily my skin snapped back very well on all other parts of my body. Someday I will be able to wear a bikini with pride. Just not yet. Plus my husband and I want to start a family, so no point in getting things just right yet.

I feel great though! Sometimes I feel unstoppable :-)
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 135 pounds, 120 of that was before I join MFP....it took me about 1 1/2 years......I actually started my journey well over 3 years ago but stopped losing for about a year. I am here and working my tail off to get the next 65 pounds off....feel free to friend me =)
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    1 year 3 months with a off period of eating unhealthy of 5 months. I also have the lap band.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds in about 8 months - this was done strictly with diet and exercise. No starving or marathon sessions at the gym. Just a 1500 calorie diet and 2 hours a day 5 days a week at the gym. I still have about 30 to go but am growing a human right now so working on gaining a healthy amount during this pregnancy and then I will start again!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am not quite there, but I have lost 95 pounds since March 11th, so about 7 months so far.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose 160 lbs on Atkins. I maintained that for several years and then gained back 60 of it. I had lap-band surgery in August and plan to lose the rest. I've lost 33 in 2 months.
  • missjojo76
    Options
    Wow this is so inspirational, well done to everybody, it is hard work to lose it and even harder to keep it off!!!
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Over a year...probably almost 2 years I think. All counting calories and exercise.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I started at 303.4 on 1/1/11 - and my goal was to lose 100lbs by my 30th birthday (April 2012) .... I hit the 100lb mark around February I beileve - so 13-14months. I am currently 188.8. :) Still working on losing, but trying not to focus on the scale.

And it was done with eating right and training/working out.

I started running in march of this year.... and I'm currently training to run a half marathon on 11/10! (I am someone who didn't even run the mile in high school gym class when we were supposed to run the mile!!) haha!! And last weekend I ran 8.5miles.... This weekend will be about 9.5. Wooohoo!!