Carby snacks please?

Options
Need to feed myself more carbs in the day and I'm struggling cuz I don't really enjoy eating carby things.. I've got weetabix for breakfast, bread at lunch, and potatoes at dinner.. but I need some carbs in my 3 daily snacks, not fruit though!!!

Replies

• Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, rye crackers, dark chocolate, dry-roasted chick peas/edamame, raw veggies like carrots celery bell peppers etc, rice cakes...why no fruit? That is the easiest one and most versatile :smile:
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How about bean dip, bean salad, corn or peas. All of them have carbs just not the ones you think of right away.
  • RKAY89
    RKAY89 Posts: 45
    Options
    No fruit cuz wayyyy too sugary :( only fruit I eat is berries as they're lowest in sugar and high in anti-oxidants.. tryin to spice up my diet a little with some different snacks and realised that my carb level is perhaps too low :\ at the mo in my snack I'm havin rivita with peanut butter, greek yoghurt, berries, dark choc..
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    all the suggestions are great.....don't think I saw Rice Cakes on there. Low in cals, fat and sugars, I :heart: these.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No fruit cuz wayyyy too sugary :( only fruit I eat is berries as they're lowest in sugar and high in anti-oxidants.. tryin to spice up my diet a little with some different snacks and realised that my carb level is perhaps too low :\ at the mo in my snack I'm havin rivita with peanut butter, greek yoghurt, berries, dark choc..

No such thing as carb levels according to the FDA. Some doctors say no more than 100 grams, others 75, still others 175.