Laser Hair Removal & Exercise

Options
Hey guys! I've been getting laser hair removal on my underarms and bikini (sorry if that was TMI) and I forgot that I had personal training scheduled for today. I did the LHR at 11:30 and have training scheduled for 6:30 pm. My friend said she used to work out all the time afterwards but they tell you to wait 24 hours so I'm not sure. I just finished my 4th session of LHR (if that makes any difference). I don't want to cancel my training bc I'll lose the session since it wasn't 24 hours in advance.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Replies

• BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I had a full year of LHR that I just finished 2 weeks ago, and not once has anyone told me to wait 24hrs. Why do you need to wait for that time? I have honestly never heard of that. You should be able to resume your regular activities, UNLESS you are getting LHR done on areas that are exposed to sunlight (like your face) and you decide to go working out in the heavy sun right after your treatment. I would then advise you to stay indoors because your skin will be more sun sensitive and you might get a bad sun burn.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great since this topic has been raised, is it possible for a guy to get LHR down there? I have had one to many chemical burns down there...

Wish I could answer your question though
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Great since this topic has been raised, is it possible for a guy to get LHR down there? I have had one to many chemical burns down there...

Right now my chest is feeling the pain, Magic cream is no more gentle than nair damnit.

Laser is looking nice right now...
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    Options

You can get laser-ed anywhere you want. Just make sure where you go they have certified technician and they use a good quality laser (not IPL). Also be aware that not all lasers work the same for different skin types/colors. Upon application the laser should feel like someone is flicking a rubber band on your skin, and if its more painful than that then something could be wrong.

Also, I'm not sure what you had done but you should not be getting a chemical burn from a laser. The area will be slightly red after treatment but tsome places offer a numbing cream so there won't be much discomfort.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Right now my chest is feeling the pain, Magic cream is no more gentle than nair damnit.

Rocking the Tom Selleck look. Just own it man.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options

You can get laser-ed anywhere you want. Just make sure where you go they have certified technician and they use a good quality laser (not IPL). Also be aware that not all lasers work the same for different skin types/colors. Upon application the laser should feel like someone is flicking a rubber band on your skin, and if its more painful than that then something could be wrong.

Also, I'm not sure what you had done but you should not be getting a chemical burn from a laser. The area will be slightly red after treatment but tsome places offer a numbing cream so there won't be much discomfort.

I used a product similar to Nair, basically you apply the cream and after a set amount of minutes you scrape it off...well lets just say I didn't have enough time to scrape it all off so I ended up jumping up and down running for the shower as I could smell nuts roasting away.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's so FURRY...
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    Options

I used a product similar to Nair, basically you apply the cream and after a set amount of minutes you scrape it off...well lets just say I didn't have enough time to scrape it all off so I ended up jumping up and down running for the shower as I could smell nuts roasting away.

Yeah, I would not recommend any type of creams for down there....
  • LindsayG34
    LindsayG34 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I went ahead and worked out and didn't have any problems. Basically what they say is that it's like sunburn so your skin is irritated and sweating, ie opening up those pores, isn't a good idea and can lead to itchiness, ingrowns, or even an infection. Didn't scare me enough though and I was fine.

Guys can get lasered, but be warned that it's going to be really painful if you are getting it down there. Your chest shouldn't be too bad. I've had my legs and underarms done as well and they are a walk in the park. I suggest watching Groupon for specials - that's where I found mine. I'll also echo what Bisera1128 said and make sure that you are going somewhere with real laser hair removal machines (they should include the type of machine - just google it). IPLs are worthless and while you might see some difference at first, they are not meant for long term results. It's not worth the pain or the money if it's an IPL machine.
  • raihan97
    raihan97 Posts: 1
    Options
    There are quite a few back queries advocating laser hair removal
    is my expertise, the technology hasn't wedged however to the promoting. I had a tough time finding an intensive review from a person.