Tired of Being 300 Pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• newbeautifulme
    Options
    I started losing weight at 310 lbs in Sept, lost 75 lbs, gained back 10 and now re-commiting to lose the remained 61 lbs!

What plan are you following for diet & exercise?
  • staylolopez
    Options
    I am right there with you!!! I want to loose 150! I am new to this as well. i did the weight watchers-south beach -hypnosis, etc!
    i run out of motivation & given up in the past. But not this time! :) i send you happy skinny thoughts from California!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I am down 20 pounds, but have to lose 160 pounds. It is going to be a long journey, but it is up to me to make it a fulfilling one as well. good luck darlin :)
  • Sprinkie09
    Sprinkie09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can do it!! We're all here with goals to lose-whether its 5lbs or 200lbs!! We support one another!! :) Good luck on your journey!
  • ipadmama
    ipadmama Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm struggling with where to begin, how and where to excercise and most importantly what in the world to eat. I just feel overwhelmed, not sure where to start. I don't want to fail. Today, I just starting making better choices, fruits, whole grains, etc. I don't eat alot of meat and I don't like eggs. I'm a little picky... So that worries me.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey! MFP is a great support and motivating group. Log in every day, its worth the effort!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You've found great friends at MFP that will cheer you every step of the way. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I was 297 lbs when I started my journey (Dec 15, 2010) and today I'm 263.8 lbs. I'm not losing it quickly; but, I can definitely feel the difference. Overall, my goal is to lose 150 lbs. It may take me a few years but it is sooooooo worth it!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I congratulate you on being honest with yourself, its so easy for us to be like "im fine they are the ones that have an issue with my weight i dont" it takes alot to come out and say im not ok with it. Im glad your hear and you will find so much encouragement along the way!!:flowerforyou:
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This place is amazing when you're looking for support! We're all here to help you on your journey. Congratulations on your new beginning and best of luck reaching your goals!
  • Rosie609
    Rosie609 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! That is awesome! It's good to hear you want to do something about it and that u are ready now :-). U can do it. I started using myfitnesspal about 2 weeks ago. It is so helpful and motivating to me. Good luck to you.
  • MsJ_22
    MsJ_22 Posts: 4
    Options
    We are all here to support you. Wish you the best.
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You will find all the support and motivation you need on this site. We are one big family and we want nothing but the best for you. Whenever you feel that "down swing" in energy or lack of drive,log on and find anyone of us and we will help you through that "wall". You can do this!!!
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Welcome, I started at 430 on 2/1/11 and I'm now 365 today. I walk, ride the bike, swim and eat 2200 calories a day. Life is about choices! Good people are on this site, many are struggling to lose weight, some complain as to why they can't, while others put in the time and do it !
  • Wissink
    Wissink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been over 300 pounds now for a long time. It's probably been 15 years or more. I would love to get rid of 1/2 of myself--that would be the best case scenario. However, I have gotten so good at failing at this, that I don't have much confidence in my success. Can't tell you how many of these sites I've joined, how many times I've blogged, and more. How much money I have invested and achieved no results because I can't seem to do it. I am hoping for better this time. I want to do it--it's not a matter of want. I have diabetes, and so many other health issues--and I just want it to go away--literally. Thanks to those of you who have posted inspirational messages. Sorry mine is not that. I need the inspiration--and I don't have any right now.
  • staylolopez
    Options
    hi there, I feel u! Feel free to add me as a friend. I find it hard to stay dedicated to myself and stick to it...but I'm back at it just this week. I wish you the best of luck on this journey :flowerforyou: