Do you exercise during your period?

Options
I am trying to exercise during my period but it seemlike I get super bad cramps. I was thinking of taking the week off. Do anybody else not exercise during their periods?

Replies

• stacyhall79
    Options
    hello...I actually exercise through my period, even though I don't want to, lol. If you are cramping, usually exercise relieves this, try taking ibuprofen or something prior working out. In my case i work out just so I am not eating everything in the fridge, haha
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I don't get one anymore! :laugh: <---laughing gleefully!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I try to work out during my TOM--it helps me feel better!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Exercise helps my cramps. Sucks at first, but by the end I feel better.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I exercise, it actually relieves cramps for me.
  • KrazyInLove
    KrazyInLove Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think I will try and workout through it.
  • countmein88
    Options
    I don't usually exercise as well during TOM, it just grosses me out,plus i get crazy cramps the first two days. However I tend to stick to my calorie goals...which is made easier considering i'm often nauseous as well lool.

Do as you feel as long as you create a deficit of some sort; after all it is just one week!
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Definitely do. Makes me feel better by improving my mood and energy.

I also ride horses on the beach and only wear white. ;)
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yup! Cuz when i get it i want to eat eat eat so I exercise even more
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Not usually haha.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I work out anyway. I actually feel better when I do.
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I get crazy cramps and bloating and I've tried it both ways (working out and not). And I'd have to say working out even if it's just walking on the treadmill is totally worth it. I wouldnt go all out if you had bad cramps, but just doing something will help to get you through the week. The weeks I didn't I would gain in the end because I wasn't as focused. I hope it helps!
  • shrinkkk
    Options
    eat a banana and have some panadol or something before you workout :) this will stop the cramps before they start :) otherwise, just do simpler workouts, mostly strength and such for the week :)
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I always do and it makes me feel better. Hard to get the motivation but once I have completed my workout I feel better.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I try to but I usually eat less during my TOM than I normally do when I'm not on it so it depends :) Exercise does help to relieve cramps though so you should try it & see.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Definitely do. Makes me feel better by improving my mood and energy.

I also ride horses on the beach and only wear white. ;)

Ahahahahaha! Love it.
  • mbcasey2009
    mbcasey2009 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes. It sucks, but I do, it seems to keep the bloat down. But-don't take ibuprofen before a run/workout...unless you just happen to hate your kidneys. Good luck!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Ya I do. even if it hurts :-/
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do but HATE it. Women unite- it sucks! this TMI but I stumbled upon the Tampax Ultra and it is a lifesaver. Larger than the super plus. Sorry if TMI, ladies...
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do, cramps or no cramps. I feel better just for pushing myself threw it lol