Cooking tilapia?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nadine14040
    Nadine14040 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump! I've been looking for recipes and these all sound super good...and super easy :wink: Just what I need!
  • DanaJ1983
    Options
    Bake it in the oven with a little olive oil, , black pepper, pinch of salt, garlic powder and cilantro...

I do the same thing but I also squeeze lime over it once it is done!

I've also made chili roasted tilapia or cod! Simply coat the filet in chili powder and a little bit of oregano and bake. Then on the stove top heat 1T olive oil then add the juice of 1 lime, and about 1/2-1teaspoon cumin and stir when it begins to bubble turn off the heat dump over fish and enjoy. The sauce is the amount for 1 filet so you have to multiply for each one you make. This is actually not spicy at all but it is really delicious!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I season with Old Bay and other spices. Throw in oven for about 20minutes at 350. Yum
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't always have citris (lemon) at home but I keep lemon pepper around for fish.

(I just switched my picture to fish with lemon pepper in honor of the tilapia dinner)
  • ledard
    ledard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat tilapia and salmon like 3 times a week, i just throw some pepper and butter in a baking dish and broil it for about 4 minutes on each side. Basically cook it till it falls apart when you try to pick it up with a fork and its amazing. I also sometimes just do worsetishire (spell) sauce and its a sweeter taste
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have two favorite ways to make it.

Blackened: Heat a cast iron pan to very high heat. Put a small amount of butter (I use Land O Lakes light butter) or a small amount of olive oil in the pan. Coat the fish with blackening seasonings on both sides. Sear for about 4 minutes on each side.

Oven Baked: Put each fillet on a separate piece of parchment paper. Top with diced onions and diced tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice. Fold the parchment paper to make individual packets and cook at 350 for about 15 minutes. (Be careful of the steam when you open the packets.)