Am I the only person?

Options

Replies

• mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts all the time, I can't find any jeans that fit me, i have no booty so nothing fits. my legs are not big all my weight is around my belly. i do wear pajama pants tho
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn shorts since high school...when I work out I wear capris, since I'm short they can be longer than they're supposed to so sometimes I'll roll them up and they're still below my knees. Someday I will wear shorts again....
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    maybe you should try wearing capri's
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the oddball here. Even when I was 280 I had no problem wearing shorts. I feel more comfortable that way. Also, I think my legs look pretty good!

I don't dig my legs but I will wear shorts. I'd rather be cool in 105 degree weather than dying. If people don't like my fatty legs, that is their problem, not mine.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I NEVERRRRRRR wear shorts. Ever. Not even if it's 100 degrees outside. Haven't since I was probably about 18. That was 10 years ago. I hate how my legs look too. I swear I got every possible bad gene from both of my parents combined.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I will wear shorts if I run in my neighborhood - but that's only so I can adjust to wearing them, because I'm alone then. BUT I don't wear them on my group runs or to the gym, I wear capri length yoga pants always.

ETA -- BUT this is the first year that I would wear shorts just out for casual running around on weekends or whatever, but I don't wear them to work out in around other people - I'm self conscious about my legs with all the bouncing around! ;) maybe I'm weird.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My weightlifting buddy (15%bf) feels his legs are too skinny, and is horribly ashamed of them. He will never wear shorts. I, being the overweight one with nice looking calves, wear shorts every chance I get :)
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wear capris,but never shorts outside...
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to not like to wear shorts but as I lost weight I feel more comfortable wearing them and well exercising in the spring/summer I always wear shorts now.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I NEVER wear shorts
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i wear pretty short dresses and skirts often without issue, but i rarely wear shorts. however, up until about a month ago i worked in a pizza place as a delivery person and i had to give in and start wearing shorts some days, especially with the crazy heat. it would be over 100 degrees in the area where we sat to take deliveries and outside was HOT this summer. it was bad enough when i was wearing shorts or dresses, i couldn't imagine how bad it would have been if i was in jeans.

i never wear shorts when i go out to parties or the bar, etc, though.
  • fat2fitKara
    Options
    You are not alone, I hate wearing shorts! I Never wear them, I have a few pair of capri's but I prefer pants.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Every year when shorts season rolls around I tell myself that, by next year I will have nice looking legs and will be comfortable wearing shorts! But, that hasn't happened yet. Maybe next year!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    This past summer was the first summer since I was a child (maybe 12?) that I wore shorts. I felt doobery the first time I wore them out and then no big deal.. add a tan and no problem. If they fit you, they will look alright... not too tight, too long, too short, too baggy.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I actually am the opposite. I have sort legs, so often want to wear shorts or short skirts cause I feel it makes my legs look longer. But I have to be more careful when my weight creeps up. When I'm in my130 range its better.

A lot of gals have these issues though. Its ok to not be comfortable. Maybe try cropped pants and bermudas first.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I didn't like wearing shorts until this summer, and got this idea in my head that ppl can look at my fat ugly legs and hate all they want to, legs will all look the same after we are all dead anyway >.> I am not going to be uncomfortable because people might look at me funny.

ETA: I prefer wearing capris all winter long. I've called it weather denial. I don't care how much snow is on the ground.
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Capris are as short as I'll go - I hate the way my knees look. I also don't like to wear short sleeves, and I'd never go sleeveless.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't wear shorts? Everyday at my rowing tryouts, we're out running in 80-85 degrees, and everyone always asks me why I'm wearing pants. When I respond saying that I'm really not comfortable wearing shorts because I don't like how my legs look, I get these crazy looks and they'll say something like "Well that's.. different."

Does anyone else feel so strongly about not showing their legs that they'll wear pants no matter the weather?

I always hid myself when I was fat, with long baggy clothes. I can't stand hiding now. I love wearing shorts. I wear them every chance I get. I'll have to switch when it starts snowing here this winter though, but even then I wear shorts!!!

RoGrouseRidge2.jpg
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have always been ashamed of my legs because of spider veins. I have had sclerotherapy done, but I still have many veins that did not disappear from the treatments. I don't wear short or skirts ever even in the hot Texas summer weather.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My fiance refuses to ever expose her legs due to her oversize follicles and some scars. I think it's pretty sad; she has great legs otherwise and it sure must get hot wearing jeans in August.