Ate lunch, still hungry. drank water, still hungry. Ate ...

Options
124»

Replies

• mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Well I will definitely go over my 1200 plus exercise points today because I'm going to eat a good hearty but healthy dinner. Brown rice, lots of lean, crock pot chicken, and some veggies. And I am going to take the advice and change my weight loss goal to 1 lb a week. Let's see what happens because I can't be running around hungry all the time ;)
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary, and you are eating a low amount of fiber. Fiber keeps you full longer. Add an apple or pear to lunch. Try some whole grain pasta/bread.
  • mearlie
    Options
    thanks! GREAT idea! apples are easy to carry too!
  • LinFox61
    Options
    Are you having a bad day? Some of us, me included, want to eat when we are upset... However, if this is not the case, if you like eggs, I just cook an egg about 70 cal, and put it on toasted wheat bread with a slice of tomato and eat it slowly.... for some strange reason, this fills me up and puts the hunger to sleep. A protein and a carb? Good lucK.
  • mearlie
    Options
    LinFox,

Well it's not an emotionally bad day, it was pretty decent. BUT you are on to something (are you psychic?).

I let my blood sugar level get too low. The eating like a horse thing is the first clue. You'd think after a few years of the darn problem I'd recognize the symptoms but I forget.

So the first symptom is extreme hunger and nothing satiates it.

Then, it's a little aura, something like what you'd get with a migraine.

Then, it's a headache... reminds you of a migraine.

Then, the migraine kicks in and you realize you've got a migraine headache.

DUH. It's my own fault too, because I had an appt today and forgot to take food w me. I can't eat out bc of all my danged intolerances so as soon as I had a chance I went to a decent grocery and picked up some stuff.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I eat Bacon and eggs when I'm hungry. Good to go for hours....
  • LilMizMuffin
    Options
    Make one box of Sugar free jello and mix it with half portion of one of your favorite fruit... That always works for me I like to make it in the mornings so it will be ready for me if I need it later that day...
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else already says it, but Tums helps me sometimes if I know I shouldn't be hungry but my tummy isn't cooperating. ;)

Great idea!

Also to the person who dismissed the sugar free jello, I totally agree. I appreciate the advice from the person who recommended it - I'll take all the advice I can get and assort it to fit my needs - but I don't "do" fake sugar. I'm a migraine/vertigo sufferer and one of the things you should notice from my diary is that I try not to eat pre-packaged/fake foods. I try to start with fresh or frozen meats and veggies and side dishes are created from scratch - generally.

It sounds like you are back on track. I agree "fake sugar" products may look good on paper until you notice your weight going up as they overstimulate the appetite. Gelatin based products are an excellent example of an overprocessed 'food' that ends up not really being a food. There is absolutely no nutritional value. Nutrition should always trump calories.
  • mearlie
    Options
    Yes I think I'm good, I'm so thankful for these message boards! I was able to ask the question and people can look at my diary and see where I was going wrong. made sure I ate protein today with breakfast and when I start thinking about food I'm going to get something to eat so my blood sugar doesn't crash.