Frustrated

Options
I've been doing this for 2 months already but I haven't lost any weight or inches!!!!!! The first 6 weeks I always ate what I normally eat at the 1350 calories MFP told me to eat, going a little over or under a few days, but then after 1 week of eating a lot of cake, pie, and other junk food I gained 3 pounds. I cut back on the junk food and started eating 1000 calories for 2 weeks which is around a 700 cal deficit so I should've lost almost 1.5 lbs a week but I didn't!! I lost 0.8 lbs the first week of eating 1000 cals and 0.6 the next. I measure myself too and I haven't lost any inches either. I know this says not to eat under 1200 because you'll go into starvation mode but you will only go into it when you are under 10% body fat and I have 24% body fat. I also exercise for 6.5 hours a week too. Help!! (p.s sorry for my big rant)

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The only suggestion I can make is to try lowering your carb intake. You may be one of those people who need to cut back on starchy carbs like breads and potatoes and sugar, like me. Compensate by upping your protein intake...makes you feel fuller longer. Just my take. :)
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is an easy one.

1. Stop skipping meals
    2. Eat more vegies
    3. Eat less processed food
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Might wanna start tracking your sodium intake, too. I know for me, carbs and sodium make me retain water, which makes me crazy when I weigh in and know I've eaten within my calorie range and exercised.

If you fuel yourself with 1350 quality (not stuff like cake, pie junk) calories, like lean protein, veggies, etc, it might be just the jumpstart your body needs, since you're exercising 6.5 hours a week!
  • SEishen
    SEishen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is an easy one.

1. Stop skipping meals
    2. Eat more vegies
    This. Prudent plant-based diet. Look at my diary. I eat (and drink fruit-veggie blends) all day long. You're starving yourself. I was in exactly your same boat 5 months ago. Having switched to mostly fruits and vegetables, pounds are *still* falling off, I feel great, and am eating more than ever.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it might be worth it to see a dr. Could be you have a low thyroid or something else is out of balance. Take in your food and exercise logs. Also, get some help from a nutritionist.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    edit - misread your other thread
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's so much more beneficial to eat 1600 calories a day of good, natural foods (fruits, veggies, lean proteins), than it is to eat 1000 calories of processed foods. I see a lot of chips, cheeses, cookies, crackers, and sodas-- it's not good for your health. You need to nourish your body.

Do you have a smartphone that you can install the mobile app onto? In the mobile app, there is a pie-chart of your macros that'll show you what your nutritional breakdown is. I'm going to guess that it's very heavy on the fat and carbs. I'm seeing very little protein in your diet, and a ton of processed foods.
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to figure out what my problem was, too. I was gaining weight eating 10,000-1,200 calories. There were several factors. FIRST, I had to INCREASE my intake to 1,800. SECOND, get RID of SUGAR as much as I could (coffee, tea, oatmeal, baking, etc.). THIRD, eat 50% or less carbs a day. FOURTH, eat more protein. Lastly, I take B12 and prenatal vitamins (I breastfeed).

Keep trying! You'll get a handle on it.
  • sgaranzuay
    sgaranzuay Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is an easy one.

1. Stop skipping meals
    2. Eat more vegies

I echo this advice. Calorie deficits matter, but ultimately you need to increase your metabolism you it's easier to burn more calroies at your "resting" state. Smaller meals more often. LOTS of veggies. FRESH food. DOn't be discouraged - just do some basic research on Resting Metabolic Rate. You should east AT LEAST that number of calories per day and achieve the deficit by exercise. Over time, it will increase your metabolism and it will become easier to lose the weight.

Good luck - i'm pulling for you!

- Severin
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What people are saying is proving to me and everyone that calories in calories out.. its not just about that for losing weight. its about nutrition not eating to many cabrs getting your protein in ect.. see...