When and what did you first notice when you lost weight?

Options

Replies

• NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    First major thing was when my pajama pants started falling off. I always buy them on the roomy side anyway, but they never used to fall off while walking from one room to another! Also, a pair of pants I wear to work a lot are almost at the point of falling off. Gonna have to try to find something at a thrift store to tide me over since I'm FAR from done :wink:
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Besides the unfortunate side affect of my boobs getting smaller lol, I fit into a pair of size 7 jeans I had been determined to get back into. Saved them for like 5 years!! I was a size 11/12 when i started my diet :)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For awhile it was difficult to sit on hard surfaces for longer periods of time because I had lost a lot of cushion in my butt. After a couple of months my body got use to it but ouch!

I also noticed people who hadn't seen me for months sometimes had a hard time recognizing me!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    =)
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    When all my frickin clothes started falling off. I don't see me looking thinner but my clothes speak otherwise.

Totally this! I bought a mini trampoline Friday to aid in workouts. I took half a dozen jumps before my workout pants literally 'fell' down around me! Glad I was home alone...but it felt great!!
  • fortheheart
    fortheheart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When my double chin slimmed down. I found out that I had a chin and a neck, and they were seperated. They weren't this huge giant piece of skin connected from my face to my chest.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bending over to tie my shoes without feeling like I was being suffocated.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    For me it was my belts. Started noticing that I was moving holes. My first real NSV was needing to buy a new belt. Followed closely by new pants.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My elbows. They looked bonier a week or so after starting the healthy eating regime.

I was not thrilled. >.<
  • sylrog
    sylrog Posts: 14
    Options
    I noticed my pants were looser and thought my face looked thinner.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Happier, more energy, men hitting on me.
  • Rosebudevol
    Rosebudevol Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Edit: As in, I can see it, but I don't feel it.

I am the same way. the lady at the department store looked at me funny when I said those pants were for skinny people. she said "like you".... what???
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    When my panties became too big...as in, I was pulling them up nearly to my bra line... :love:
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    Before I noticed any physical changes, what I did notice was how baggy my pants were becoming. Very irritating!
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bending over to tie my shoes without feeling like I was being suffocated.

I agree there
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Getting my wedding ring off was a big one for me too. Also, I have now noticed my stretchy previously form fitting yoga pants are now hanging and baggy on my hips!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I could feel the bones in my face when I shave.
  • heylittlesisterr
    Options
    For me, it was having to buy new pants. I just kept going up a notch on my belt and it didn't register. When I went and had to get new trousers, I stopped and stared when I kept having to go through sizes. LOL! But that made me miserable, to be honest. I couldn't really afford to spend money right then. Haha.

The collar bones. Now THAT was very exciting. I was scared at first until it hit me why they were protruding. Now I feel like I have a body part that I can actually admire! C=
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a "milestone" but I don't have to unbutton/unzip my jeans to go the bathroom. :)
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    after I saw I lost 10 pounds. And when my skinny jeans from highschool were too wide at the waist. they were a 31W now I need a 28W or 29W