PB&J and carrots

Options
Is it a good choice for lunch sure..is it what I really want for lunch..of course not.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The Carrots are great for you. As for the PB&J It depends. Is the jam natural and or low sugar, is the peanut butter natural, and is the bread whole wheat or multi-grain?. If yes to all of the above then yes pretty healthy, if no on any one, then not really healthy but not that bad for you, if no on all of them then no not very healthy.

Most peanut butters are bad for you (eg Kraft, Jiffy) as they add trans fats to keep the oils from separating, natural peanut butter you have to stir every so ofter to keep the oil for settling at the top. Jam can be full of added sugar, and white bread is like eating white sugar.
  • lisastiles70
    Options
    Wait. so its a pb&j sandwich with carrots in it? please let me know. i'm trying to change my eating habits.
  • mrsmeadows327
    Options
    Something else you might like....try Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats (100 calorie bread) with Peanut Butter and Banana...YUMMY and satifying :)
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Wait. so its a pb&j sandwich with carrots in it? please let me know. i'm trying to change my eating habits.

LOL THAT IS WHAT I WAS THINKING! :sick:

BUT IF IT IS SEPERATE THEN OKAY:laugh:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    no no no lol its actually a smuckers uncrustable pb&j sandwich(210 calories) and then a SIDE of carrots lol.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i love pb&j......i use jif cuz its the only pb i like. it is fattening so i try to limit my intake!! and i like to use the whole grain white bread, i like wheat, but not with pbj.....ive been told that the whole grain white is a good choice. i use smuckers jelly, not sure the sugar content......but i dont care!!! lol.....i cant totally cut out sugar in my diet, screw that.........
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Uncrustables have high fructose corn syrup in them... :cry:

It's much better to use whole grain bread, low sugar jam and natural peanut butter - I'm pretty sure it's cheaper to do it that way, too!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    i love pb&j......i use jif cuz its the only pb i like. it is fattening so i try to limit my intake!! and i like to use the whole grain white bread, i like wheat, but not with pbj.....ive been told that the whole grain white is a good choice. i use smuckers jelly, not sure the sugar content......but i dont care!!! lol.....i cant totally cut out sugar in my diet, screw that.........

Whole grain and white bread do not go together and I don't know why they put that in the same sentence together.

That is a marketing technique. Whole grain bread you can see the bits of grain and the nuttiness to it......................Even Whole Wheat bread labelling is a joke.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I would totally eat this for lunch. Although it would be a real pb&j and not an uncrustable :)
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Great Harvest Reduced Carb Multi Grain Bread 45 calories per slice x 2 = 90 calories
    2 tablespoons peanut butter = 190 calories
    1 banana = 105 calories

385 calories and quite satisfying.

Carrots? Carrots and Peanut butter okay. But not in a sandwich.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I use the Marantha Organic Peanut Butter much better for you lol