THIS is what VICTORY LOOKS LIKE 77# GONE! In >7 MONTHS!

Options
Ok, so 76.8#, but WOO HOO! I started this journey at 218# ( a size 18W jeans and a 1X top) in March of this year. I was borderline diabetic, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (the bad kind), and generally unhappy with what I saw when I looked at me. DON'T GET ME WRONG.... I KNOW THAT GOD MADE ME AND HE DOESNT MAKE JUNK! lol But you can have a gorgeous house and fill it with clutter until it is unfit for human occupancy (ever watch HOARDERS?)! HELLO!!!!! ANywho... My Dad is a diabetic, my sister, diabetic. She was on dialysis 3 times a week until she passed away about 10 weeks after I began this journey (June 4th, 2012). She had renal failure due to her diabetes being so overwhelming on her kidneys. The day she died, a friend of mine actually tried to offer me dairy queen as comfort food and advised that I could "take a break" from my weight loss goals that night. HA! I kicked in to FULL THROTTLE and haven't looked back!

I run 10 miles on the weekends now and burn through about 1000 cals a day in physical activity (not BMR). I pretty much have been following The Biggest Loser diet... eating LOTS of fresh fruits and veggies. I avoid processed foods 90% of the time. I carry a little cooler bag with me when I am out running errands, so I am never without water or a healthy snack! This keeps me from wanting to eat at a fast food chain. :glasses:
And I PRAY... A LOT! Seriously, folks... I love Jesus. He loves me. Yeah... I'm a Jesus Freak. I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength... some may think that is a silly phrase.. but lemme tell ya, you try turning away from the popcorn and nachos or soft pretzels at the movie theater when your hubby and teenager are loaded down with goodies.. and you tell me that isn't DIVINELY INSPIRED self control! Amen! :flowerforyou:

Anywho... I plan to keep on running and I also am meeting with a nutritionist to teach me how to maintain this new weight that I hope to be at VERY SOON. I am only 6# away from my goal as I write this. WHEW! As of now, I am 141.2#, and for the first time in my adult life I am wearing a size 6 jeans! WOO HOO! not just in ONE pair, either! lol I wear a M top now, too! I love that I don't have to worry about what will fit when I take it out of the closet! I have never felt better, healthier, and stronger. :heart:

God Be with all of you on your journeys! Be strong, be courageous! Do not lose heart! It can happen! It WILL happen! You make healthy choices, use self control, and apply determination... you will be AMAZED at the results you will see. Oh, and have grace with yourself. If you stumble... get right back up and keep on truckin! :happy:

~Kimi~
BEFORE (March 2012)
DSCN0531.jpg
Beforepic.jpg
BEFORE (JAN or MARCH, I think) and DURING (AUG 4 2012)
beforeandduring.jpg
DURING (AUG 2012)
duringpic3.jpg
ALMOST DONE! (TODAY! OCTOBER 2 2012)
fotoflexer_photo-2.jpg
fotoflexer_photo-1.jpg

Replies

• jennajocummings
    Options
    You look amazing! Good job! And lucky you... You didn't lose your boobs! =)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on ur loss! I hope to have a flat belly like u one day!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    What an incredible transformation. Good for you!
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You look amazing
  • KimZM
    KimZM Posts: 21
    Options
    wow that's great..I don't know how i am going to do it ...since i can't do the exercise others can but i will do it.....great job
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result! Well done!
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!! Thank You you for sharing your story it is so inspiring.
  • mariettel7
    Options
    Congratulations! I just signed up minutes ago. I'm 5 pds heavier than your start weight and have 80 pds to lose. I'm thinking it wasn't an accident that I saw this tonight! I was just about to log off when it caught my eye. I'm very happy for you and you look great! :)
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful person and I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. You are very inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

I am 5'6" ! And the boobies are courtesy now of BBV (body by victoria) lol But hey... its all good!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Victory it is!!!! kudos to you...amazing transformation :)
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    outstanding; keep it up
  • m3dreamer2011
    Options
    That is simply amazing!! You look like a completely different person (but somehow managed to keep your boobs!) Congratulations :)
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your story! :-)
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    wow that's great..I don't know how i am going to do it ...since i can't do the exercise others can but i will do it.....great job

Sis... all you need is FLOOR. I have never to this day set a single TOE inside a gym. YOU CAN DO THIS. did I mention that on March 1 of 2011 I had my pelvis and back broken? lol YOU CAN DO THIS. Make a list of all the reasons YOU HAVE TO DO THIS. Then make a plan to get it done. Now Go GET EM!

"A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL WISH YOU HAD STARTED TODAY." ~Karen Lamb
  • misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible. Inspiring!
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! You should be so proud of what you have accomplished!!!:flowerforyou: I'm so very sorry about your sister, that breaks my heart..... diabetes runs on my paternal side, and I have to watch it too. Thank you for reminding me how important my health is! Very very happy for you!:smile:
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Major congratulation . Your energy is contagious . You have really slender legs. I also began in March and have lost about 75 lbs, but I still have about 70 to go. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!