Starting to feel slim!

supercool111
supercool111 Posts: 87
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
It's SUCH a good feeling! I've been trying to lose weight for so long. I went on all sorts of mad diets and was miserable! I'd lose weight but pile it all back on again when I inevitably gave up. It finally clicked a couple of months ago that I could lose weight and still eat what I like (CAKE!) just by cutting down on portions a bit! I'm halfway to my goal now and I feel amazing! I'm so much more confident already!

I hope you guys are all doing as well as I am!
We can all achieve our goals and we don't need crash diets to do it!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Isn't it great? I'm over halfway to my goal weight but I feel fantastic. My hubby keeps complimenting me and I feel like I look good in my clothes. I'd like to lose another 9 pounds but think I'll be absolutely thrilled in 5 pounds.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Welldone! what an amazing loss in such a short time. You will have to give us some top tips :flowerforyou:
  • Congratulations ~ you are such an inspiration and halfway to your goal!! I can't wait to see my ticker at the halfway mark!! Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your success:drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    It's SUCH a good feeling! I've been trying to lose weight for so long. I went on all sorts of mad diets and was miserable! I'd lose weight but pile it all back on again when I inevitably gave up. It finally clicked a couple of months ago that I could lose weight and still eat what I like (CAKE!) just by cutting down on portions a bit! I'm halfway to my goal now and I feel amazing! I'm so much more confident already!

I hope you guys are all doing as well as I am!
    We can all achieve our goals and we don't need crash diets to do it!

I feel the same way about MFP! :love: It really IS a fantastic feeling to have so much more confidence, and also feel so much better about yourself! :bigsmile:
    Congratulations on your 25 pounds! :flowerforyou: That's awesome! :smile: Keep it up and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :wink:
  • Thanks guys! I'm really glad I found this site! Everyone is so supportive and I love to hear about everyone else's success!
    allmac92 - I know I only joined in Jan but really my ticker is counted since November. I thought I be more encouraged that way but I don't want to give people the impression that I lost all this weight in a month!
  • Thanks guys! I'm really glad I found this site! Everyone is so supportive and I love to hear about everyone else's success!
    allmac92 - I know I only joined in Jan but really my ticker is counted since November. I thought I be more encouraged that way but I don't want to give people the impression that I lost all this weight in a month!
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

It feels GREAT :bigsmile: I myself have NEVER lost this much weight at one time. I love this site!! Keep up the good work!! :drinker:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Keep up the great work! Stay consistent and motivated! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Thanks guys! I'm really glad I found this site! Everyone is so supportive and I love to hear about everyone else's success!

That's a relief to know you've been doing it longer. I thought I would have to chop of a limb to catch up with you :laugh:
  • Good work! Have you sat down and felt like it was a little hard on your bottom - feeling the bones back there? That is when I knew I was getting slimmer. Not as much "padding" back there. :glasses:
This discussion has been closed.