large amount to loose

Options
am i alone most people i come across only need smal amounts gone?

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Nope a lot of people here have a lot to lose. I had a lot to lose, but to some the amount I've had to lose it is a small amount. Everyone is different, I still have 10 pounds to go.
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    Regardless of how much you have to lose vs someone else, try to look at the common goal. We're all here to reach a healthier lifestyle regardless of how much weight we have to lose or gain. MFP, in my opinion, seems to be a supportive environment to work towards my goals and there are so many amazing and inspiring individuals on here that I feel fortunate to have found this site. Take it one day at a time and what may seem impossible today could very well be a reality tomorrow ;). Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You will be amazed how many people you find with lots to lose.
    In total I needed to lose 100lbs.
    I have found people with even more than that to lose.
    Make friends and get support and motivation.
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Theres a lot of us on here with a lot of weight need to lose, I myself need to loose 100lbs, feel free to add me for friendship/support, set small goals & try & keep motivated, track the calories/exercise daily to help too :)
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Nope you're not alone! I have about 100 more pounds to go! It's doable!!!!
  • madblondebint
    madblondebint Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've got about 100lbs to lose, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started this journey at the end of July with 133 to lose. I'm 38.5 pounds closer to my goal already! Try to friend some people with as much to lose or more than you do. I find it helpful because they truly understand that increasing my daily walk from 20 minutes to 25 minutes IS a big deal! Good Luck!
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    There are alot of people here who have alot to lose or have lost alot. You should try and friend EdDavenport, the guy is amazing. Just take it all 1 day at a time.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    No, you're not alone. I've lost 98 and still have about 75 to go. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!
  • findingKylie
    findingKylie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i have heaps to loose also.. add me as a friend if you want t!, im trying to do 30mins a day plus im setting myself a monthly challenge, this month is squats.. eek. have two friends in on it too always keen for more to friends to help keep me accountable.
  • JosieGirl1976
    JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to loose too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Trust me, you are not alone - as you can already see from the responses you have gotten!

When I started my journey, I thought, "Who the hell loses 225 pounds?" Well, now I can see that would be me! I'm well on my way, and over halfway to my goal.

Make friends - be accountable to yourself - and to others. Keep logging, walking, working out.

A year ago, walking a quarter mile caused me intense pain. Last month, I jogged/walked a 5K!!! There is a light - find it within yourself, and let it shine for others to see...
  • CGreen97
    Options
    Hi I have been doing this for about 4 weeks and have lost 9lb already. I still have 103lb to go. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • bpgiles
    bpgiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got about 150 lbs to lose. That's a whole lot.
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nope! I need to lose 80lbs! You are NOT alone!! Add me if you want!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    The more you LOSE the LOOSER your clothes will be.
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I am aiming to lose between 80 and 100 lbs. I am 14 lbs in. You can add me too.
  • beckyfine
    Options
    You can lose that much weight. I have lost a total of 177 pounds so far. I lost 60 pounds on my own, then the rest after bariatric surgery Its been hard at times and I have been on my journey since January 2011. Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have in total around 100lb if not more to lose added with the horror of hypothyroidism so its a really slow process for me - feel free to add :) I always welcome new friends :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I peeked out at 310 in June of 2011. Goal to lose 130# (more than my wife weighed when I met her). Started on MFP after stalling for about 4 months at 30ish# lost. Down another 20. Still 80 to go.
    gradually taking clothes out of my "Some Day" box. It feels good.