30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I finished day 4 of Level 2 today. If you're just starting, take a "before" picture. My husband took one of me (front & back), but I didn't think of it until my 3rd day. I'm hoping I will be able to see the difference by the end. It was actually looking at someone's before and after pics on this site that motivated me to get 30 Day Shred. It's hard, but I figured I could really push myself for 20 minutes - no excuses. I think it's a very good workout, especially for the time investment.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1. Loving it. I took before and after pics as well. Can't wait to see the results end of Oct.

Add me!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to know people's success with this weight or inches lost :) looking into buying it just not sure if I'll have the stamina?

You do not have top buy it. It can be found on YouTube. That is what I did. I am really in sad shape so I am figuring on taking longer than the 30 days to do it, but I will get it done eventually!
  • birruetab
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 day 8 tonight! I posted about my success so far yesterday, here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/756586-30-day-shred-day-15

Looking for friends in this journey as well...feel free to add me!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since the September 28th. Tomorrow is my last day of Level 1 and heading to Level 2. I think it's a good workout and gets you sweating off the bat!
  • MinaRenei
    MinaRenei Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I finished my first week of 30DS on Sunday and lost 9.2 pounds. I combined the workout with a low fat diet (less than 20 grams a day) and daily walks or elliptical workouts at the gym. Oh, and TONS of water. Good luck guys!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If you want to see pictures of results, hop on over to the Success Stories board. There's one long thread with lots of pics and a several others. They impressed me enough to give it a shot! I'm still on level 1.
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just posted my results of 30 days of ripped in 30 on the success board... YES it works! I only lost 3 lbs, but 10 inches. Even though I am at 30 calendar days I still have 2 days of week 3 and 7 days of week 4 to complete, so officially I will finish up Oct 12th. Then I plan to start the 30 day shred dvd.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished Day 1 on Level 1.

My butt is kicked. I never thought my legs and arms would feel so tired from doing something so simple.

All I can think right now is "I'm so glad that I'm doing this in intervals with my running" because if I did this every day in a row...I think I'd die.
  • beckifitzg
    beckifitzg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level one at the moment.

I keep telling myself it's silly to expect it, but i'm not really seeing any results.

I am maybe finding it a bit easier now than I did at the beginning but I still have trouble doing the cardio all the way through and I just cannot do the last abs exercise!!

Whenever i reflect on it, I think that maybe i'm not trying hard enough but when i'm actually doing it my legs and arms burn.

I haven't ached since after the first work out though.

I am going to keep going though, and I'm taking photos every day.
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    go to search under community and type in the ultimate 30 day shred thread. tons of before and after pics!
  • MewShy
    MewShy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't do the last set of ab's either but I do the stretches at the end as it can help ease the stiffness the next day. I took my before pic's last night well my hubby took them. I'll do my measurements tonight as well. I'm going away for a few days next week but I plan to do it then too. I'm visiting my in-laws so it's not a problem to disappear for 20mins to do my workout. My legs burn a lot though and I do need to stop then. I can't wait to see results
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of level 1. It's really kicking my butt but I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm thinking of doing 15 days on each level and making it a 45 day shred... I'll see how I feel around day 8/9 of level 1. Maybe my legs will have returned to normal by then! :)
  • ashleygrnt
    Options
    That's awesome! You've inspired me. i'm going to start 30DS today along with walks on my local track and see how that works out for me.
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I am going to start it soon and hopefully I can stick with it.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level one at the moment.

I keep telling myself it's silly to expect it, but i'm not really seeing any results.

I am maybe finding it a bit easier now than I did at the beginning but I still have trouble doing the cardio all the way through and I just cannot do the last abs exercise!!

Whenever i reflect on it, I think that maybe i'm not trying hard enough but when i'm actually doing it my legs and arms burn.

I haven't ached since after the first work out though.

I am going to keep going though, and I'm taking photos every day.
    I put myself on a schedule. I said I was going to do level 1 from the 1st to the 9th, level 2 from the 10th to the 19th, and level 3 for the 20th to the 30th (rest days on Sundays, but that got tweaked a little as I went along). Regardless, I told myself that before I moved on to the next level I would do every rep of every exercise at least once before I moved on, so on the 9th I HAD to do ever single side lunge with anterior raise, every single shoulder press, etc. Every day I pushed myself harder to get to where I wanted to be before I moved on, no excuses. On the 29th, I was doing every move in time with Natalie, high intensity. This week I'm doing 3 days of level 1, 2 of level 2 and 1 of level 3 to make 10 workouts at each level, and this morning I did every single push-up on my toes, none on my knees, and my shoulders and pecs are sore, for sure. Don't get me wrong, on September first, I couldn't do every single side lunge with anterior raise, I couldn't do push-ups except on my knees, and I took several water breaks and sometimes just paused it and stood with my hands on my hips wondering if it would be okay to quit. It's not easy, but the harder you push, the better you get (obviously, don't hurt yourself). Just ask yourself, "can I give it just a little bit more?" Or better yet, tell yourself, "I can pump out _____ more" and just keep telling yourself that until you're done. Tell yourself you CAN do it, and then prove yourself right!