40 lbs lost to never be found again

Options
bpwparents
bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
Hello my fellow MFP'rs! Today was a wonderful day as I got on the scale 1st thing this morning and I saw 223! Officially 40 lbs lighter than my start on 5/18! I was very excited and decided that today I would finally post my before & during pictures. No crazy diet fads, just old fashioned portion control and staying within my allotted calories. I exercise when I can but am more active than I was 5 months ago. I usually get to the gym a couple of times a week and I now drink tons and tons of water. A big help has been planning my meals. For ex. I do well during the week while I'm at work and have my lunch, morning snack and afternoon snack only with me. Eating every few hours is key for me. I cannot let myself get hungry. I also started watching my sodium intake on here. It is amazing how many things are high in sodium. I've realized that with my body, high sodium intake = water retention = weight gain/stall. I'd like to thank all of my MFP friends, especially Wendy with your almost daily inspirational notes. Without the support of my friends I wouldn't have gotten this far. I have so much further to go but today was a 1/2 way mark to my 1st goal of 180 lbs.
Before: Approx. 260 lbs
DSCN1301_zpsc8438e5e.jpg
During (today): 223
iphone811_zpsb65ec2f1.jpg
Before: Approx. 260 lbs
DSCN1302_zps9aa0ec3f.jpg
During (today): 223
iphone812_zpsbe558dae.jpg

I never thought that I could accomplish what I have. I would diet, lose 5 lbs and gain 10. With this new lifestyle, I don't consider it dieting. I consider it doing what I should to stay healthy. I don't want to end up like my Dad with type 2 diabetes and have the doctors threatening to cut my legs off!! Bottom line, if I can do this anyone can and slow and steady will win this race. I have such a long way to go but hopefully by next summer it will be two piece photos. And I'm not talking about a tankini!

Replies

• demonkarebear04
    demonkarebear04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! There is a drastic difference in your belly area! Nicely done!!!
  • Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! Keep up the fantastic work you have already done!
  • kayemdee22
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    Awesome ~ You can totally see the difference losing 40 lbs makes! Great work ~ you should be very proud of yourself...inspiring!!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!!you've done amazing!!!!!Keep up the hard work:flowerforyou:
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Nice work and an amazing transformation! HAng in there and keep going! you look great!
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Congrats to you! Well done.
    Hope that you are feeling good about this amazing success.
    Hard work paying off. Keep it up!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great loss, you look great! keep it up!! :)
  • snoopynut1972
    snoopynut1972 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You can see the difference! Keep up the good work.
  • kindasvelte
    kindasvelte Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Congrats on your success and results!
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!!! You can really tell!!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It took a lot to get here.
  • Medeiros12
    Medeiros12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! Keep up the excellent work :-)
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations to you on this great achievement!! :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing your pics and story! What type of lifestyle change did you make? how long did that 40lb loss take?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great :) Good motivation I like the way u put that NEW LIFESTYLE ....NOW THATS THE WAY TO DO IT !!!!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your photos--these success stories provide me with the little kick I need every day!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop! 40 pounds!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    U look fantastic! Keep it up! :)
  • ErikaD1979
    ErikaD1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the AMAZING work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!