Need Help! Stuck at 30 pounds loss and hav 30 more to go!

Options
Hi everyone! I started April 2012 on my weight loss journey and have lost 30 pounds in the past 6 months! I have 30 more pounds to loose before I reach my goal weight and have been stuck for amonth! I am looking for ideas to help me get this last 30 pounds off! Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try changing your foods around or try diff foods , change your exercise routine, prob give yourself a day or two off & trick your body into thinking your just started a healthier lifestyle change? Are you drinking enough water etc?
    good luck :)
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes try switching up your work outs, your body will get accustomed to the same work out routine, switch it up to trick your body. Same goes for food. Also, sometimes your body needs to get used to a loss so it takes some time to start losing again. Take measurements! Some times, even though the scale isn't moving, your losing inches off your body! Keep at it, it will come off eventually
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    I have added lots of jogging to mine. But i agree with all the others...take a break and then hit it hard core this way your body tricks itself.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist said if you are not losing weight, exercise more and eat less.
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    spin class!
  • uclown2002
    uclown2002 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

As simple as this!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Just scanning your diary, most days you seem to not even be hitting 1200 cals. Or maybe you just had a bad week. IDK. Also, your sodium intake looks a little high. Granted, not everyone reacts to sodium the same way, but if you do happen to be sensitive, it will keep your scale from moving. I have 2 friends, a couple. She can (and does) eat tons of salt or anything else and stay skinny as a rail. He's morbidly obese and is probably just as sensitive to salt as I am. It doesn't hurt to try to lower your salt intake to see if it helps you shed bloat.

Personally, my standing advice for other women is always the same. Lift, Heavy. Start with your scale. Heave it out the window. Grab a program like New Rules or Beginning Strength and hit the weight room in your gym. And if you're going to BE a weight lifter, you also need to learn to eat like one. VERY important. I recommend this because it's done wonders for me and because I know how important muscle is for getting the body you want.

ETA: I really like Dan's view on this, too.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    2 comments:

1. You are not drinking enough water: Remember that if your body is not fully hydrated the liver has to help the kidneys metabolise your food. When that happens, fat builds up and you lose less weight (or stop losing altogether). You can tell by pinching the back of your hand for a second. If a ridge forms at all, then you are not properly hydrated.
    2. You are eating a high percentage of carbs compared to total calories. Especially at night---carbs not burned can turn to fat and are harder to eliminate. Remember that even certain veggies are complex carbs and can slow your progress. I try to eat no carbs at dinner to allow my system to reset for the morning. Tough to do, but worth it in weight loss results.

You are doing a fantastic job so a few tweaks and you will be off and running to that final 30!!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options

As simple as this!!

Could not disagree more with this comment. Your body is not meant to starve. Excess exercise without proper muscle support in terms of carbs and vitamins leads to loss of lean muscle mass. This method is outdated and does not support current research in the pysio science's.

Do some research on participants in the Biggest Loser show. They have told stories of being so weak that they cannot even get out of bed. Starving your body will have great short term results but long term damage to your body.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water,increase your exercise routine and intensity,do weights first,then try cardio.Watch th amt.of carbs,I found eating lower carbs,higher protein and good fats helps me burn.Most of all,don"t give up<YOU CAN DO THIS!:)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    2. You are eating a high percentage of carbs compared to total calories. Especially at night---carbs not burned can turn to fat and are harder to eliminate. Remember that even certain veggies are complex carbs and can slow your progress.

^^^^This. :)
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This advice is awesome and will hopefully help me kick my weight loss back into gear. Like you, I lost 30 pounds and have been stuck trying to lose the last 30. My weight is mostly concentrated around my hips and thighs so I am prepared for it to take a bit longer for the fat to come off, and I hope that by incorporating jogging (now that my knees can handle it) the scale will start moving again.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started April 2012 on my weight loss journey and have lost 30 pounds in the past 6 months! I have 30 more pounds to loose before I reach my goal weight and have been stuck for amonth! I am looking for ideas to help me get this last 30 pounds off! Thanks in advance for your help!

All that matters is a calorie deficit. Food groups don't matter. Eat what you like that is mostly healthy and won't drive you insane within your calorie budget.
    What is the exact number of calories for you?

We’ve been trying to figure out an exact NUMBER of calories that everyone should be eating, without recognizing that everyone is slightly different. In truth, the calories aren’t the end game. Your body is. So the EXACT amount of Calories that are right for you is the EXACT amount that will allow you to maintain your ideal bodyweight no matter what some calculator or chart says.

In other words, an online calculator might tell you that you need to eat 2,500 calories
    per day to maintain your ideal bodyweight. But the only way to know for sure if this is
    the right amount for you is to test it out. If you gain weight or can’t lose weight eating
    that much, then you know you need to eat less to lose weight no matter how many
    calculators and text books say otherwise.

This doesn’t mean your metabolism is broken, it just means the estimate of your needs
    was just a bit off.

-John Barban (The Body Centric Calorie Guide from the Venus Index and Adonis Index Manuals)

While there is no one size fits all, this worked for me --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

and I have some pretty exciting things happening in my life because of it --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

Don't give up. I failed for nearly 15 years with all the yo-yo diets and people saying "This is just what happens when you get old".

You can't over exercise too many calories.

Best of luck to you. -Bobbie