Post 30 Day Shred

Options
Does anyone want to start a new thread for those of us who have finished Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and are moving on to other programs?

Replies

• mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    OK I just realized that wasn't a great conversation starting question. I'll start off with more direct ones:

What are you doing now that you're done with the Shred?

I am planning to stick with the BL and JM DVDs - starting with the Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, which comes today. Has anyone else done it? Did you have good results? Should I alternate with something else or is it a good daily workout?
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Next week, when I'm done with the Shred, I'm planning on doing the Couch to 5K from the Cool Runnings website on Mon/Wed/Fri and then on Tues/Thurs and one weekend day either continue with the Shred or do the Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, the BL yoga or another DVD like that.

The thing is, I love that the Shred is only 20 minutes and I work on Tues/Thurs mornings so the 20 minutes, really fits my life! :happy: KWIM?

But I'm happy to be part of a "Post Shred" thread too!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Cool! I think we can still support each other even though we're not doing the same workouts anymore. Plus, it's always good to hear how other programs are working!

What is KWIM?
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I not finished with the 30 Day Shred yet but, I wanted to know how your body has changed since you've done it? Have you lost weight/inches? How much?
  • mschelle
    Options
    I lost an inch off my hips, half an inch off my thighs, and if you don't count the last day or two, a total of 6 pounds. It doesn't sound like much, but I can see such a difference!! I see definition that wasn't there before; I have a waist that didn't used to be there; I have killer thighs! Plus I've developed the workout habit - I feel weird if I go a day w/o working out!

The gains in my confidence were huge, too. I went from hiding in huge Tshirts to walking around the house in tanks and wearing much tighter shirts out!
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Cool! I think we can still support each other even though we're not doing the same workouts anymore. Plus, it's always good to hear how other programs are working!

What is KWIM?

"KWIM" = Know What I Mean! LOL

You're right - just being there and supporting each other is great motivation! And I'd love to know how some other DVD's are - I can get bored if I don't focus! My sister is doing P90X -- I think that's a bit too intense for me and the time commitment is just too much for me! I'm already getting up at 5am to do a 20 minute work out! I'd hate to think how early I'd have to get up to do the 90 minute one!

Kristen - I have 2 more days left on my 30 day shred and I've not lost heaps of weight. I do watch calories and log my meals - but I think I've only lost about 4 lbs since starting it. However - I have lost over 3 inches from my waist and I can do more of the work outs than I could before. I can do about 5 push ups now - which for me is HUGE! AND I can do the "girly" pushups on my knees quite easily. I've noticed my stamina is much higher as well and I'm lifting more weights than I was 30 days ago.

So, while the weight isn't "peeling" off me, it is going down (slowly) and I am gaining muscle, toning up and losing inches! Hope that helps!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! I'm happy for you!
    I can't wait until I'm finished and see some results. Thank you!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 13, so I am not able to post here officially :lol but I just wanted to chime in that I'm going to do the Jillian Micheals SLim Down Program next. It uses the shred plus the fat/metabolism video plus another video (target areas). The days to do which are on this thread on another site: (scroll down a bit)
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x22241x30635821
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Oh that looks cool! I may have to reassess my work outs and try that! :smile:

We shall see when I finally make a decision!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! I'm happy for you!
    I can't wait until I'm finished and see some results. Thank you!

love ur pic kristen
  • mschelle
    Options
    So yesterday I tried the Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism DVD. Holy cow! If you want a cardio workout, there ya go! I was huffing and puffing (and sweating) so hard! That plus the 2x I shoveled yesterday and I am pretty stiff today. Not sore, but my joints are feeling it!

I think I'm going to get the No More Trouble Zones disc and alternate those for a little while - maybe Shredding on days I'm short on time.
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Mschelle - I have those two DVD's too - I haven't tried them yet -- may do one today. I need to do the 20 minute workout on Tues/Thurs so I think I'll stick with the Shred on those days.

yesterday I did the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD. It was good, but I feel I need to have a cardio too. I did sweat a lot and I think it would be a good addition, but not a sole work out.
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Just did No More Trouble Zones -- AWESOME! Hard as all get out but still fantastic! I loved it! Lots of the same moves as 30DS and a few new ones - Very hard, but really really good!

Going to try BFBM either tomorrow or sometime next week.
  • mschelle
    Options
    After I tried BFBM I got the flu. So I took Friday off :sad:
    My monster immune system kicked it enough that by Saturday I did Shred L1, just to "take it easy" HAHA!
    Sunday I did Beginner's Frontside, stepping up some of the moves (like jumping jacks with weights)
    Today I did Shred L2.

I think I like this alternating pattern. I am still waiting for NMTZ to come, and a couple BL Max vids, and I think I will just rotate them around, doing the shred when I'm short on time or energy.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    HI, my name is Kim, I just finished the 30 day slimdown with Jillian Michaels' DVDs. Although, it took me 45 days to do it. I am starting round 2 today. The goals are to finish in less than 45 days and change level 1 to level 2 and level 2 to level 3. Would any of you like to join me? I had incredible results the first time. Here's the link:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1
  • mschelle
    Options
    Did BFBM today. OMG that is such a killer!!! I was sweating so hard my hands were slipping on my mat! (I guess i need a better mat!)

My butt's been sore for a couple days and I really couldn't figure out why since soreness from squats and lunges went away after L1 of the shred. Then today I realized what it was - those back kicks on the BFBM! So hooray for working new muscles!
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Hi Kim- I'm doing something similar to the 30-day slim down, but I had to modify it to fit time commitments - and I have a 6-week goal/plan to complete it.

Since I work on Tuesdays and Thursday's, I'm doing 30-Day Shred on those days (I don't have as much time and like the 20 minute work outs on time crunched days), then M/W/F I'm alternating Trouble Zones and Boost Metabolism. Then on Saturday and Sunday I do the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga - just for a change.

So, my weeks look like:

Week 1
    M - BFBM
    T - 30D Shred - (Level 1 week 1 and 4 -- Level 2 week 2 and 5 -- Level 3 week 3 and 6)
    W - NMTZ
    TH 30D Shred (same as Tuesday)
    F- BFBM
    Sa/Su - Yoga and maybe one day off

Week 2
    M -NMTZ
    T - 30 Day Shred
    W - BFBM
    TH - 30 Day Shred
    F - NMTZ
    Sa/Su - Yoga/off

Repeat for 6 weeks total work out time.

So, While I'm not doing the exact same work out as you, I'm happy to keep motivated with you and "work out" with you!

Michelle - Good for you! I did BFBM and was sweating buckets too. I don't use a mat because I keep slipping! I work out on a carpeted floor, but I do spread out a towel on the ground for things like Walking Pushups - because otherwise I'd get rug burn on my elbows!

Glad you're feeling better!

Today I did the Shred Level 1 - but used the weights for the jumping jacks. I tried to follow Natalie for most of it - although I'm still not able to do very many "real" pushups - I think I managed 5 today before switching to the girly kind. Still - better than none!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Michelle - Good for you! I did BFBM and was sweating buckets too. I don't use a mat because I keep slipping! I work out on a carpeted floor, but I do spread out a towel on the ground for things like Walking Pushups - because otherwise I'd get rug burn on my elbows!

Glad you're feeling better!

Today I did the Shred Level 1 - but used the weights for the jumping jacks. I tried to follow Natalie for most of it - although I'm still not able to do very many "real" pushups - I think I managed 5 today before switching to the girly kind. Still - better than none!

Thanks!

Did you find L1 easier than you remembered it? I was hoping it would be a cake walk (HAHAHA), but I'm glad it's still challenging, and upping the weights and doing Nathalie instead of Anita makes it almost new.

Good for you on the push ups!! I still can't fly through them, but I keep trying. I can do 10-12 in a row (slowly) now but then I'm all knees on the 2nd set. Those ab hold walking push up things on L3 and BFBM just kill me, too. I've been on my knees for those. One of these days we'll be saying "I can only do 50 pushups..." Heehee!

I'm thinking this will be my plan until I get more DVDs, similar to both of you:

Monday: Shred (rotating through the levels)
    Tuesday: BFBM
    Wednesday: Shred (next on the rotation)
    Thursday: BFBM
    Friday: Frontside or Backside (alternating)
    Saturday: BFBM
    Sunday: Some kind of yoga because I'm going to be SORE :laugh:

Once I get more vids, I'll rotate them in depending on length.
  • pz5wjj
    Options

Did you find L1 easier than you remembered it? I was hoping it would be a cake walk (HAHAHA), but I'm glad it's still challenging, and upping the weights and doing Nathalie instead of Anita makes it almost new.

Good for you on the push ups!! I still can't fly through them, but I keep trying. I can do 10-12 in a row (slowly) now but then I'm all knees on the 2nd set. Those ab hold walking push up things on L3 and BFBM just kill me, too. I've been on my knees for those. One of these days we'll be saying "I can only do 50 pushups..." Heehee!

I thought L1 would be easier too - but NO! I think my stamina is better so I can get through them a bit better, but No, it was not "easier!" Partly because I think it works different muscle groups -- or works muscle groups differently (?). And also I think because I can "do" some of them now (as opposed to just flailing about) I'm working on FORM to make sure I'm doing them properly! I'm glad it's not a cake walk - otherwise I wouldn't feel like I was getting anywhere!

And don't be fooled with Yoga - you can get REALLY sore from it! It doesn't feel like you're "working out" but you are! It's great! I love it!
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing the 30 day slim down once I finish my turbo jam month. I've heard that you tone up more than loose weight, but I think ultimately that's the goal that most of us want. Im trying not to care about the number on the scale, but deep down I know its more about how I look & feel rather than what a dumb machine says :)