hungry all the time

Options
ok so i successfully lost weight on 1200 calories a day and i did tht for 9 months on tht amount of calories now i'm on just over 1300 and i am really struggling i am hungry all the time i have put a 6 pounds back (after having some time off after my wedding) on after my wedding and want to lose this and get back in to losing weight i struggle to motivate myself to do exercise as well can any one suggest anything to help? i have not been skipping meals just not been logging as i have failed with my calorie tracking. thanks

Replies

• alduro
    alduro Posts: 5
    Options
    You are gaining weight at 1300 calories a day? How is that even possible?
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm starving all the time too, on 1500 calories. It sucks. I find that I'm already at 900 calories before I even eat dinner. They aren't from bad foods, they are healthy lunches, breakfasts and snacks, but my stomach is growling non stop!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we can help more..:smile:
    Are you eating enough protein? If I don't eat enough I get hungry quick?
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You are gaining weight at 1300 calories a day? How is that even possible?

^^^ - the concept of this worries me when it comes to maintaining...
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i went over as i had 2 weeks off after my wedding now struggling to stick to the calories recommended when i do i feel so hungry.
  • Falling_star
    Options
    my diary is open :)
  • SickSkilz
    Options
    As I started gettign close to my target weight (and already within a healthy range), I had the same issue. For me it is impossible to eat under 1500 calories and not be always hungry. However, if I eat over 2000 and excercise a lot and net 1200, I have no issue.

So I guess i would suggest addign excercise and then eating what you excercise. Works for me.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm not nosying too much but just thought I'd tell you - I eat mini twister lollies all the time and they're only 45 cals - the ones you are using are 90? LOL you could be saving yourself another twister lolly here!!
  • JillianP00
    Options
    I switched to smaller meals throughout the day and I noticed that helped a lot. I generally eat around four 300 calorie meals throughout the day so I don't have time to feel hungry between meals. Drinking a whole lot of water helps too. I still get hunger pains occassionally but keep a healthy snack around just in case!
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    you aren't logging much, and the days you do log you are generally under 1300 cal...
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    could you not cut out your cookies for something more filling?, you could be having sugar surges?
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Anytime you change your calories and/or exercise, you may gain weight as your body adjusts to the changes you've made.

I understand where you are coming from. I started at 1200 and was lost for a long time. Then I adjusted my lb/week goal (even though I never make that goal even if I'm spot on every day) . Now my goal has been in the 1300's and I have days where I am REALLY hungry. Last night being one.

Usually, I start with having more snacks and spacing them out throughout the day. If that doesn't work, then I usually eat a little more at meals...yes, it will put me over my calories but I figure if I'm really that hungry, there's a reason why...like maybe I'm getting sick or I ran around more at work than usual and burned more than usual...something like that. One day never throws me off so if I need to, I eat and see what happens...

Feel free to ask any details or look at my diary.
  • srupp64
    Options
    sometimes your stomach will growl and you will think you need food when in fact you really could just need more fluid. Try drinking water or crystal light to fill you up and get you passed that hunger. Fiber and protein will alson help. If you are eating a lot of carbs you will be craving food more often.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    more protein and more gym! I always go over my cals but then i know i have to work them off, so i go to the gym every day that i eat over. This allows you to eat what you want, as long as you are burning a lot too! and i also agree that the more sugar you have, the more food you crave after. that was my problem i think.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just had a look at your diary, and it doesn't look like your are eating that great. Yes, your under your calorie goal, but a lot of the things you're eating are empty calories (Chocolate bar, chocolate chip cookies, etc) You want to eat foods that will leave your full and statisfied. Like:

*Almonds
    *Veggies
    *Yogurt
    *Granola
    *Fruit
    *Whole Wheat
    *Fish
    *Poultry

Also, I don't know if it's because you didn't log it, but I noticed you skip a meals as well. Are you just not logging them, or are your really skipping meals? Because that could result in your weight fluctuation as well. Skipping meals will leave your feeling tired and hungry, and will mostly likely result in you snacking later on in the day.

I hope this helps! Good luck :)
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ok... not that I always keep to my own advice (especially this week. it's my TOM so I'm craving sweets... dammit...), but having taken a look at your diary: stop eating 500 kcal worth of cookies; replace it with a stir-fry of paprika (capsicum), cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, leek/onion, mushrooms and zucchini as a side dish for dinner and you'll feel MUCH fuller.

Also, please don't skip meals!
  • Falling_star
    Options
    I'm not nosying too much but just thought I'd tell you - I eat mini twister lollies all the time and they're only 45 cals - the ones you are using are 90? LOL you could be saving yourself another twister lolly here!!

ha yeh its cos i had down i had 2 but i didn't its cos last time i had some i had 2 so its saved from before thanks for noticing i have changed it. there good to have as something sweet with low calories.
  • Falling_star
    Options
    you aren't logging much, and the days you do log you are generally under 1300 cal...

yeh i have been on and off with tracking my calories sorry.
  • Falling_star
    Options
    could you not cut out your cookies for something more filling?, you could be having sugar surges?

yeh i can i'm just finding it hard to stop with the sweet stuff Ive obviously got my self back into some bad habits.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Eating more protein than what you are will help keep you fuller for longer.
    Cornflakes aren't a great brekkie, I find if I eat cereal for breakfast I'm hungry again sooner. Also eat better snacks than cookies etc, I have a protein shake for snacks and that keeps me full :smile: