Cant get to 1200 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I dislike a big breakfast also. I usually just eat a couple of eggs or some yogurt. So I won't tell you to up your breakfast. But you do need to eat more at lunch, dinner, and snacks. Try drinking some calories. Instead of the latte 3 times a week, have it every day. Do you drink alcohol? Try a glass of wine with dinner every night. I do and it's lovely. Try protein bars for a snack. I usually have one every day for my afternoon snack.

If you make your lunch and dinner at least 400 calories and your snacks at least 100 calories each, that's 1,000 calories right there. Really, it's not hard to do.
  • shan6599
    shan6599 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, feel good, have energy, I woudn't worry about the calories. It sounds like your body is telling you what it wants, listen to it.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's easy for people to tell you to eat more, but when your not hungry, your not going to stuff yourself, right?

Try just eating more calorie rich food. You can still eat around the same amount, but your food has more calories in them.

For example:

Breakfast: Swap your apple for breakfast for a small serving of oatmeal with berries (Around 140 calories)
    Lunch: Add 1/4 of fruit and nut trailmix to have with your smoothie (160 calories)
    Dinner: Chicken with steamed veggies and a side salad of spring mix greens.
    Snack: Fruit (Apples and bananas are higher in calories than berries or grapes) yogurt, granola, etc

I hope this helps! Good luck :)
  • Sistanorfolk
    Options
    I had that problem when I was eating from my organic (home grown) garden and grilling in my back yard this summer but buying from the markets has added more calories to my diet...I'm on a 1200 calories intake as well....GOOD LUCK:drinker:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem...

Seriously, sensible portions of calorie-dense foods with good fats and protein that fuel your body will NOT kill you.
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest you see a nutritionist. You obviously are not eating right. Although the foods you eat are good; you need help in your menu for the day. A nutritionist is a real help.
  • suznjane
    suznjane Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You need to add more to your menu! you have a lot of fruit, but what about veggies? add some healthy carbs...whole grain bread? I buy flatout fold it bread, it's whole grain with flax, has high protein and fiber but low in fat, I made myself an apple sandwich with it...I use peanut butter and thinly sliced apples, but you could use almond butter too, maybe a good start to your breakfast, but also maybe some egg whites (I put 1/2 cup in a bowl and microweave for 2 - 3 mintues). Some protein would do you good, doesn't ahve to be big portions.
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay so how about ditch the Healthy Choice meals and cook real food? The sodium alone in those things are awful! If I ate like you did through the morning and afternoon I think I'd faint but I know everyones body is different. That said you know you need to change something or else you wouldnt have posted this thread.
    Maybe start by having 2 spoons of almond butter with that apple in the morning. Smoothies are denser and higher in calories than fresh fruit so that is a good idea. Maybe add something else to your smoothie?
    And ditch the frozen entrees. Make a turkey sandwich on real bread. Add some pretzels. If you dont like hummus then add a stick of string cheese or a glass of milk.