Help losing weight to fast!

Options
For the last week I have been losing almost a pound a day. I love that I am losing the weight but I am concerned about how quickly it is coming off. I have my MFP weight loss goal set at 1lb a week. I am usually right around my daily calorie goal sometimes more, sometimes less. I exercise regularly with Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and eat back those calories.

I have been on MFP since January but didn't start using it until May. Since then I have been regularly logging and losing at the same pace. I only drink water and lots of it so I don't log it but if I do drink something other than water I add those calories in. I don't think I have really changed anything in my diet or exercise. I need to lose the weight for IVF so I want to lose this the right way. I don't want to lose too fast and gain it back. Slow and steady wins the race

Should I be concerned or does this sometimes happen and will level off soon?

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    A) Did you just start?

B) Did you cut out most, if not all, processed foods?

C) Do you have a lot of weight to lose?

If you answered yes to two or three of the above, don't worry about it. See what happens for the rest of the month. If it continues to drop dramatically, then you will want to make changes.

When I first started, I lost 10 lbs in the first week and 17 lbs by the end of the first month.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow..wish I had that problem! Lol..what are you eating that you're losing so quickly?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Haha, that happened to me a couple of weeks ago, when I decided to start drinking 3 litres of water a day, up from maybe 1 or 2 glasses. I lost 8lb in 6 days. It doesn't last, trust me. ;-)
  • daresmach1
    daresmach1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did the same, lost 3 to 4 lbs for the first 3 weeks i started.
    It is your body adjusting to your new eating style.

Also you may want to check to make sure your calories are set correctly if it continues for more than 3 weeks.
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    make sure you are staying hydrated!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Open diary plz
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    I did exactly the same and got concerned.....it certainly won't last. You must have modified your diet somehow or increased water/exercise or something. Did you?
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since January but didn't start using it until May. Since then I have been regularly logging and losing at the same pace. I only drink water and lots of it so I don't log it but if I do drink something other than water I add those calories in. I don't think I have really changed anything in my diet or exercise. I need to lose the weight for IVF so I want to lose this the right way. I don't want to lose too fast and gain it back. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    And if none of the previous posts provide an answer....have your Thyroids checked. There is Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism.....
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Open diary plz
    I opened my diary.
  • dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    And if none of the previous posts provide an answer....have your Thyroids checked. There is Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism.....

If you're feeling hyper; irritable and can't sleep. If you hate blankets on you or feel hot all the time and your hands shake. Go to your Doctor and have them check your thyroid...