BOO to Monopoly at McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    Options
    I wouldn't eat at McDonalds or ANY fast food restaurant unless I was LITERALLY starving and even then I would ***** about it for days. The thought of what might be in that food, in addition to what we already KNOW is in it, and the fact that the "food" itself and the preparation methods are all unhealthy....nah...I can play Monopoly at home and still live! :bigsmile:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you want to play, just order the large iced coffee and add your own sweetener/cream from the side. No one says you have to eat their garbage food in order to play. That being said, I confess to eating a McDouble over the weekend due to extreme pre-1pm-football hunger (I had forgotten to eat breakfast before leaving the house to run errands - BAD idea).
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    why are people so into that game? I've never understood that.

Me neither.

It's like Roll Up the Rim at Tim Hortons in Canada. People go NUTSO for that game!!!! You should see the line ups. It's ridiculous!!
  • jjtyrrell31
    Options
    Can't help it. I :heart: me some McD's. I've lost 54 pounds eating there 5 days a week for breakfast. Fruit & maple oatmeal and a Sugar Free Vanilla Iced coffee. 410 calories and 4 Monopoly game pieces. :happy:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

Why would you take McDonalds away from other people just because you don't like it!?
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Seriously! I didn't even know it was back until I was in line... luckily we didn't win anything so I can just not go back in theory. Burger King did that same thing earlier with their family feud game. We won a TON of stuff from that one... it can't have been good for them.

I agree that the whole thing seems rigged. It's happened 20 times and I've never heard of a legitimate win... just one rumor of an employee's friend or something... the employee stole a box of fry cups or something and they won something. Can't imagine that if that was true they got to keep it though.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i've had mc donalds for breakfast 3 days in a row. I can't resist monopoly! i even had a hashbrown.. because a combo is cheaper then a mc muffin and a latte individually, and because it got me 2 more game pieces. now it's nothing but salad for me the rest of the day hahah
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

i bet the nutrition information from rainforest cafe would be almost as scary as mc donalds.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    why are people so into that game? I've never understood that.

Me neither.

It's like Roll Up the Rim at Tim Hortons in Canada. People go NUTSO for that game!!!! You should see the line ups. It's ridiculous!!

Let's be honest, regardless of the roll up the rim game, Tim Hortons always has lineups lol It's like our crack up here!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I drink their coffee everyday... thats it though...., playin the game, if I win food I just give them away...playin to win cash of course lol its a bonus for me since I go there everyday for coffee :drinker:
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten it in 3 years. And it shows. Boycott McDonald's. Period.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Rainforest cafe is SO expensive. And not that good.

^^^^This...If it wasn't for the animated alligators and snakes enticing my kid, I'd leave that place alone forever...LOL
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I go mcdonalds maybe once a year for a cheeseburger. It's just my old favorite. ...It's really more like every two years.

To jdressel: There is a monopoly documentary on netflix that mostly covers the world tournament (who knew!), and a lady who won a million dollars from mcdonalds monopoly was also featured. :)
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just order the oatmeal! You get 2 little game pieces with it. :)
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I don't mean to argue with "you" - but since you reminded me...

I don't get the Rainforest Cafe. I mean, I love it as much as the next person - animals, yay!! But I can't help but be smacked with the irony of an environmental-themed restaurant with as much over-the-top stuff as that. Nothing says "environmentalism" like a gigantic plastic tree and an electric waterfall. Oh, and animated alligators. :)
  • oklanoue
    Options
    I am hooked on the McDonalds Large Sugar Free Iced Vanilla Coffee...and I still drink it every morning and YES it comes with the game pieces...and I have won Coke Reward points, Red Box movie rentals and even a $10 gift card...so yes they do have more prizes than just food...once in a while I might have an Egg McMuffin...I think this is ok compared to 3 months ago I was eating out there for breakfast and lunch 2 or 3 times a week....I used to be hooked on the Sweet Tea but then switch to the coffee....:tongue:
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like Mc Ds, they have the calorie counts now on most of their food, and sometimes I will go through the drive through. I also like their fries. They also have healthy choices. And good prices.
  • larisabones
    Options
    I haven't done the McDonald's Monopoly game is years...but I know what you mean. I used to love playing it, even if I didn't want the food. You could always just get a drink or something? Unless they don't put the pieces on there, I don't remember the rules.
    Anyway, McDonald's isn't the type of fast food that temps me...but if In N Out did a game like this, I'd be in trouble.
  • AngelaKoder
    Options
    Good jo to saying no! :)
    When I read the title my first thought was "You eat McDonalds? Gross!" you can do it. Stay strong. It isn't real food!
    :smile:
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't had McDonald's in years (well, I do get the very rare ice cream cone for nostalgia but that is as far as it goes.) The stuff they put in their products makes me so mad!

Anyway, IMO, if you want a game, go download Steam and play free games or get into some real gaming. Tap into that inner geek who loves games..but do it the right way. :P